By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - UK Feminist MP arrogantly laughs at the idea of Mens Rights

Mr.Playstation said:
It's 2015, if woman still think that they're being held back, they need a reality check.

Some places in the world still have women's rights issues(mainly Africa).

Feminists can speak out against the women actually oppressed. However, they'll decide to whine over jokes that no one actually takes seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

*Feminazi (not saying all Feminists are Feminazis, this woman is)
But really, people who act like this woman have absolutely no place in any form of politics.

baloofarsan said:

I am amazed that forum dwellers does not spot an obvious troll.
"He is the most rebellious currently serving Conservative MP, having voted against the Tory whip 120 times and has been criticised for his use of the filibuster to "kill off legislation he doesn’t like". Examples include him "filibustering" debates such as proposed bills designed to prevent landlords evicting tenants who request basic repairs and blocking debates on hospital parking charges for carers." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Davies

Sounds like a normal politician to me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

baloofarsan said:

I am amazed that forum dwellers does not spot an obvious troll.
"He is the most rebellious currently serving Conservative MP, having voted against the Tory whip 120 times and has been criticised for his use of the filibuster to "kill off legislation he doesn’t like". Examples include him "filibustering" debates such as proposed bills designed to prevent landlords evicting tenants who request basic repairs and blocking debates on hospital parking charges for carers." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Davies

He also is against gay marriage, but that isn't the point in this case, he still made a valid point which was laughed at unjustly. She's my MP, she's supposed to represent my (her constituents) interests, not her own.

It's important in equality that everyone is treated fairly, I understand that some people might feel they are under represented, but laughing at mens issues isn't a way to solve it. Also trying to make things unequal to try and restore the balance isn't the way to deal with it.

But .....Philip Davis is a idiot.... Russell Howard talked about him a couple of times, and the guy is a fool and shouldn't be an mp.

https://youtu.be/6dhucDEXkvY

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
I think all people should be equal but... we're not. Men rule, nay I say dominate the world. We run everything. This website, the site that hosted that video, that government, business... everything is owned and run by men with only a very small amount of exceptions. So where I agree that we shouldn't have one day for women and not one for men, I can also relate to the idea being silly for some.

Less than 0.1 % of men run everything, 99.9% of men don't run anything and It is of no comfort or relevance to a homeless guy that most of the rich people in his country are from his gender. We only live one life so to say we as agroup run everything is pathetic.

Let's just pick a day to discuss equality instead.

Naming a men's day just seems obnoxious and like a reaction to feminism.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Let's just pick a day to discuss equality instead.

Naming a men's day just seems obnoxious and like a reaction to feminism.

Maybe, if you had absolutely zero clue what it's for.  

"The objectives of celebrating an International Men's Day include focusing on men's and boys' health, improving gender relations, promoting gender equality, and highlighting positive male role models.[5][6] It is an occasion to highlight discrimination against men and boys and to celebrate their achievements and contributions, in particular for their contributions to community, family, marriage, and child care.[7][8] The broader and ultimate aim of the event is to promote basic humanitarian values"

Yeah...all of those things are obnoxious.  Health is obnoxious, gender relations are obnoxious, gender equality is obnoxious, male role models...you guessed it, obnoxious.  Humanitarian values?  Yep, Obnoxious.

Also interesting?  Has support from UNESCO:

"International Men's Day finds support from a variety of individuals and groups in Australia, the Caribbean, North America, Asia, Europe and Africa.[2][4] Speaking on behalf of UNESCO, Director of Women and Culture of Peace Ingeborg Breines said of IMD, "This is an excellent idea and would give some gender balance." She added that UNESCO was looking forward to cooperating with the organizers.[2]"

Ermagerd, Director of Women and Culture of Peace supports it.  She's obnoxious too!

Having these things is important because men and women face different issues, health wise, gender wise, role model wise, etc...  It isn't ALL about equality, though equality is important as well.  

Metroid33slayer said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I think all people should be equal but... we're not. Men rule, nay I say dominate the world. We run everything. This website, the site that hosted that video, that government, business... everything is owned and run by men with only a very small amount of exceptions. So where I agree that we shouldn't have one day for women and not one for men, I can also relate to the idea being silly for some.

Less than 0.1 % of men run everything, 99.9% of men don't run anything and It is of no comfort or relevance to a homeless guy that most of the rich people in his country are from his gender. We only live one life so to say we as agroup run everything is pathetic.

I'm just curious. If someone you care about says "man, if I have to work another day I'm gonna drop dead"... do you start shopping around for funeral attire?

AlfredoTurkey said:
Metroid33slayer said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I'm just curious. If someone you care about says "man, if I have to work another day I'm gonna drop dead"... do you start shopping around for funeral attire?

Words have meanings in discussions, use them properly, or not at all.  Or, don't play stupid when someone calls you out for misusing them.