By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - UK Feminist MP arrogantly laughs at the idea of Mens Rights

mornelithe said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Metroid33slayer said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I think all people should be equal but... we're not. Men rule, nay I say dominate the world. We run everything. This website, the site that hosted that video, that government, business... everything is owned and run by men with only a very small amount of exceptions. So where I agree that we shouldn't have one day for women and not one for men, I can also relate to the idea being silly for some.

Less than 0.1 % of men run everything, 99.9% of men don't run anything and It is of no comfort or relevance to a homeless guy that most of the rich people in his country are from his gender. We only live one life so to say we as agroup run everything is pathetic.

I'm just curious. If someone you care about says "man, if I have to work another day I'm gonna drop dead"... do you start shopping around for funeral attire?

Words have meanings in discussions, use them properly, or not at all.  Or, don't play stupid when someone calls you out for misusing them.

You know that scene in South Park where the cable workers rub their nips when they tell people that they're screwed? I totally picture you doing that right now haha

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
mornelithe said:

Words have meanings in discussions, use them properly, or not at all.  Or, don't play stupid when someone calls you out for misusing them.

You know that scene in South Park where the cable workers rub their nips when they tell people that they're screwed? I totally picture you doing that right now haha

And I'm supposed to care...because why, exactly?  You used an all-encompassing term, then backtracked into semantics when someone pointed out the obvious flaws in your argument (Semantics, I might add, that would've applied to your own post).  That individual was absolutely correct, some folks seem to love lumping all of one gender, race, or creed into a tiny thimble and say 'All X', however, the truth is,  Very few people are actually in control, most of us (men and women) have very little power over things (unless we band together to force change).

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 November 2018

OttoniBastos said:
JRPGfan said:
She doesnt really want equality it seems... she wants women ahead of men.

She wants what most of this feminists wants,men working to make sure women's feelings,wishes and dreams are protected without having to deal with problems men deal every day(like competition).

You don't see women fighting for more space on shitty,but necessary,jobs like bricklayer or other construction jobs do you?

What they want is men walking on eggs to make sure that women will have a special day with no problems because "God! how hard is to be a woman."

A simple example is Women on STEM.

Most women don't care about STEM -> Thus the place is full of men,right?!

In the eyes of the feminists is the Men's job to fix that.They have to compensate women for their own lack of interest in STEM by giving privileges to them in order to estimulate more women to go there.

The funny thing is that even in countries dominated by feminist agenda,STEM is still dominated by men.

Nevermind that imperical evidence shows that equally qualified women throughout all STEM Professorships (as well as hiring audits going back to the 80's), whether married w/ children, divorced, or single, are favored above all men, married w/ children, single, or divorced with children, by 2-1 and in some cases 4-1.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/14/study-finds-surprisingly-that-women-are-favored-for-jobs-in-stem/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/13/opinions/williams-ceci-women-in-science/

What I think Abbath might be hinting at, or possibly, what I'm taking from his stance, is that men have a leg up in business due to a variety of factors in which they have preference.
Men tend to hire male friends, relatives, and women they are interested in.
Patriarchal society tends to lead families to support the boys more than the girls in business pursuits.
I can't really prove any of this because there haven't been any major studies, but personally this has been the case for many of my friends.

Anyway, I'm not going to be the one to say, guys rule the world, or that many guys means all guys, or anything.
But to me, personally, guys look out for other guys. That's just my experience.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
What I think Abbath might be hinting at, or possibly, what I'm taking from his stance, is that men have a leg up in business due to a variety of factors in which they have preference.
Men tend to hire male friends, relatives, and women they are interested in.
Patriarchal society tends to lead families to support the boys more than the girls in business pursuits.
I can't really prove any of this because there haven't been any major studies, but personally this has been the case for many of my friends.

Anyway, I'm not going to be the one to say, guys rule the world, or that many guys means all guys, or anything.
But to me, personally, guys look out for other guys. That's just my experience.

False, check the actual facts.  Men actually prefer women over men, as well (I posted the studies above).  And actually prefer hiring women who will take a lengthy maternity leave versus those who do not.

There have been studies, I linked them both, so if you're actually interested, read them.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 November 2018

OttoniBastos said:
mornelithe said:

Nevermind that imperical evidence shows that equally qualified women throughout all STEM Professorships (as well as hiring audits going back to the 80's), whether married w/ children, divorced, or single, are favored above all men, married w/ children, single, or divorced with children, by 2-1 and in some cases 4-1.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/14/study-finds-surprisingly-that-women-are-favored-for-jobs-in-stem/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/13/opinions/williams-ceci-women-in-science/

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or not but this is basically showing what i said.

I was providing supporting data to your statement, that's all.  I agree that we've come a LONG way from a time where women were shunned from certain fields.  A very long way.  And the studies show if anything, the situation has gone past equality, into sexism for women.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Metroid33slayer said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I think all people should be equal but... we're not. Men rule, nay I say dominate the world. We run everything. This website, the site that hosted that video, that government, business... everything is owned and run by men with only a very small amount of exceptions. So where I agree that we shouldn't have one day for women and not one for men, I can also relate to the idea being silly for some.

Less than 0.1 % of men run everything, 99.9% of men don't run anything and It is of no comfort or relevance to a homeless guy that most of the rich people in his country are from his gender. We only live one life so to say we as agroup run everything is pathetic.

I'm just curious. If someone you care about says "man, if I have to work another day I'm gonna drop dead"... do you start shopping around for funeral attire?

WTF are you on?

I don't see how feminists think they're actually suffering.

Yes, you get paid less than men. Does that mean you should waste your life crying and wanting everything to be spoonfed for you?

For real though. Perhaps if they'd shut up and realize how much freedom they get, they'd realize that other countries still have women that are stuck with a creepy, pedophile for the rest of their lives for "tradition"- some as young as 6!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.