By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - UK Feminist MP arrogantly laughs at the idea of Mens Rights

HylianYoshi said:
If feminism entirely stood for equality, it wouldn't be called "feminism", now would it?

Exactly. That's what I say... in the end most of them just want privileges.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Lawlight said:

Wtf did you bring up the fact that more men build up their own businesses?

I didn't. I brought up the fact that men rule the planet and used examples of business, politics and government to show this. 

You know Alfredo, I think you're lost. The subject of this post, is in regards to a matter that is present in the Western Society, in particular UK. We're not talking here about  the whole Planet. Yes, woman's have no rights in some parts of the World, especialy the Islamic World, but that's not the subject here.

fireburn95 said:

Ironically, my city's MP literally laughs at a genuine proposal to have one day where men's issues are discussed, similar to how the same (sub?) parliament discussed how to tackle womens issues (and rightly so) on international womens day. Another MP proposed we too have a day therefore to discuss men's issues on international males day (yeah it exists)

Some examples are that in the UK, less males are going to university, and males seem to be doing worse off in education vs many years ago. Also suicide rates amongst men are at an all time high. However, Jess Phillips, my MP btw, does a little fake arrogant laugh at the idea.

What do you think of this? Are men's issues not worth discussing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XX6ATwQv7Q

I recall seeing you on a thread giving reasons why I hate groups such as feminism.

This woman just gives more reasons for why feminism is a joke.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Equal opportunities does not equate to equal proportions. Price of a free society where people can walk whatever path they want.

What a daft cunt.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I think all people should be equal but... we're not. Men rule, nay I say dominate the world. We run everything. This website, the site that hosted that video, that government, business... everything is owned and run by men with only a very small amount of exceptions. So where I agree that we shouldn't have one day for women and not one for men, I can also relate to the idea being silly for some.

Even if what you claim is true (and I don't have the facts to prove or disprove you), and men do run everything with few exceptions, I want to raise two points.

1) "We". "We" do not run this site. ioi does. "We" are not involved with running countries, the people in those particular positions are. Just because I have a dick and so do they, does not imply any kind of special bond between us. I probably share the same eye colour, hair colour, skin colour, sexuality, and surname as thousands of business leaders and politicians, too. Hell, even if I had a twin brother who was identical to me in every single way, his accomplishments are still his own, and I have to achieve my own things in life. Who gives a fuck about Obama's brother?

They don't lock up just any old bloke everytime they prove that one is murderer. They find the person who did it (well, try). The same is true for the "positives", as well.

2) Maybe for this point, I'm reading too much into your post, as you did not explicitly state this. So if I'm misrepresenting your opinion here, just call me out on it. But what I get from your post is that this situation is likely because of some kind of invidious explanation, but this is not necessarily true.

Women, in most Western countries, make up more than 50% of the population. When you then select against the % of population that are allowed to vote, women hold an even higher pecentage (due to felons losing voting rights, and women having a longer life expectancy). If women wanted more representation in politics, they could easily get it, they have the numbers.

Maybe, just maybe, there are fewer woman business leaders and politcians because fewer women want to be? And what's wrong with that? I don't want to be President either, nor would I wish the job on my best friend or worst enemy. Men and women, as large groups, tend to want different things (note, "tend", there are always exceptions), even in situations where there is no way that discrimination can be blamed, such as TV watching habits, you will notice that there are vast differences in the viewers.

Look at the commercials targeted at ESPN viewers, versus commercials targeted at "tabloid talkshows" (Ricki Lake, Maury, that sort of thing). There will be a stark difference. And that's because one group of people choose to watch one thing, and they also are interested in buying one set of products, and another group prefer another set.

Around the Network

That is part of my big issue with feminism. I totally agree with Philip Davies and I think that for that behavior in such a serious meeting she should be discharged of whatever political related thing she currently possess.

It's 2015, if woman still think that they're being held back, they need a reality check.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

HylianYoshi said:
If feminism entirely stood for equality, it wouldn't be called "feminism", now would it?

This!

I personally don't want a day that focuses on men, or women, just to single out one group. We should discuss equality as a human rights issues, not trying to paint either gender with broad brushes where we treat women as victims and men as criminals. And I don't blame the feminist movement for this viewpoint, but rather the view in society, the need to generalize everything and mark groups as dangerous.

I am amazed that forum dwellers does not spot an obvious troll.
"He is the most rebellious currently serving Conservative MP, having voted against the Tory whip 120 times and has been criticised for his use of the filibuster to "kill off legislation he doesn’t like". Examples include him "filibustering" debates such as proposed bills designed to prevent landlords evicting tenants who request basic repairs and blocking debates on hospital parking charges for carers." https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Davies

She doesnt really want equality it seems... she wants women ahead of men.