By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Woolly World on track to outsell Tropical Freeze

DKTF currently stands at 1.27m on VGChartz, after being out globally for 22 months.

Woolly World has only been out for 6 months, and only 2 months in Wii U's biggest market, North America, yet it is at 920k already.

Looks like the green dinosaur will outpace the primate.

Around the Network

Interesting, I wonder why Tropical Freeze underperformed so much, it's a great game that deserves to sell much more than it has

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

They're about tied in terms of which one I love more. It sucks that Tropical Freeze didn't sell as well as it should've. But hey, maybe it'll get an NX remaster.

bet: lost

HylianYoshi said:
They're about tied in terms of which one I love more. It sucks that Tropical Freeze didn't sell as well as it should've. But hey, maybe it'll get an NX remaster.

Ya I would bet money on a Tropical Freeze port to NX, probably by Monster Games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Interesting, I wonder why Tropical Freeze underperformed so much, it's a great game that deserves to sell much more than it has

Whether it's fair or not, I think Tropical Freeze still carries the stigma of being a game most Nintendo fans didn't ask for from Retro when it debuted and that resentment/disappointment may have led to lower sales.  Based on quality alone, it should have sold at least 2 million by now.

Around the Network

We know DK numbers were over 1.1mil by end of year last year. We don't have official numbers yet but wolly world is doing well in the states.

wombat123 said:
zorg1000 said:

Whether it's fair or not, I think Tropical Freeze still carries the stigma of being a game most Nintendo fans didn't ask for from Retro when it debuted and that resentment/disappointment may have led to lower sales.  Based on quality alone, it should have sold at least 2 million by now.

Agreed.

With Woolly World, people knew what they were getting from the start and had corresponding expectations.

Tropical Freeze, however, was not what a lot of people wanted from Retro Studio's first HD game. There was a great deal of disappointment when it was revealed, and I think this affected its sales.

This just in, easy games outsell hard games lol

AlfredoTurkey said:
This just in, easy games outsell hard games lol

Donkey Kong Country Returns sold more than twice as much as Kirby's Epic Yarn.

And I'm glad for Yoshi. That dinosaur is the cutest thing ever.