By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: Halo 5 Sold Less than 1M in October

I got to admit those are low sales. I would REALLY like to get the digital numbers.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
JRPGfan said:

I dont know man... CoD is a monster, and SW BF is going to be massive. I feel like people will be asking themselves if they want to buy 3 shooters so close together, and most will think "nope". I dont think the holidays will save it, make it recover, its sales will be much lower than other halos.

Lol! I saw SW BF and thought " Single White Black Female"?  Took me a second to realize what you were referring to.

Craig's List much?

LivingMetal said:
d21lewis said:

Lol! I saw SW BF and thought " Single White Black Female"?  Took me a second to realize what you were referring to.

Craig's List much?

They have great deals!

d21lewis said:
LivingMetal said:

Craig's List much?

They have great deals!

Oh.  I'm sure...  ;)

CosmicSex said:
Sharpryno said:
So when Halo 5 has 4+ million sold by the end of the year will it still be considered to have "terrible sales"?

The prediction thread said 8.3 million.  

I said 5 million was being optomistic.

Some said it would take Halo 4 and match surpass Halo 3's attach ratio.  

So whether or not you think its a flop depends on how realistic your predictions were.

Jesus, those are high expectations.  I love all things XBO and find the PS4 boring until Uncharted comes out which is when I will get one, unless a new model is revealed for holiday 2016 then I will wait.  

BUT.  I thought 1.5-2mil first week and 4-5mil by end of year.  That seemed really good for be, Idk how anyone can think 8mil.  

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
hiccupthehuman said:

I can read French, and it says that those are only pyhsical copies (digital now accounts for 20% of sales, and considering the Halo bundle had a digital copy this could be more). It also says that it only includes Halo 5's first week sales compared to THREE week sales for Halo 2, Halo Reach and Halo 4, and 2 weeks for Halo 3. So it's not that big of a flop considering these...

So based off what you just said, exactly what is this big deal.  You have 4 days for Halo 5 compare to 2 to 3 weeks for the others.  Also I would consider install base to matter in this as well.  Either way seems a tad early to proclaim dealth or huge fall in the franchise just yet.

Because in the case of a game + bundle that's been available for preorder for months, the largest spike in sales will traditionally occur on the first day, and then sales will fall back down (not necessarily off a cliff, but certainly won't sustain the 1st day sales).  Have sales completely stopped and this is all that Halo 5 is going to get?  Absolutely not, it'll probably have good legs, and further, you'll probably see another dramatic spike in November (Black Friday), so, it's not the end of the franchise or anything.  However, it does represent a pretty dramatic dropoff from first day sales of previous titles in the franchise.

Oh dear...
I knew 5 was dissapointing but I thought it would take another game before consumer confidence was eroded.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Kduplessis07 said:

Digital sales let's just act like digital sales don't happen.

NPD doesn't count digital sales.

That sucks. MS needs a new big series.

Hiku said:
Kduplessis07 said:

Digital sales let's just act like digital sales don't happen.

Digital sales happened with Halo3, Halo 4 and Halo Reach as well.
I believe Sony and MS said that around 20% of their sales are digital.

Anyway, I'm surprised by these numbers. Maybe more people than expected are waiting for Black Friday or the holidays.

I don't know about the latter ones but Halo 3 wasn't available digitally for years. There weren't any full retail games available until like 2010 or something. And even when gamers were allowed to install games, it was recommended not to put Halo 3 on an HDD because it would adversely effect its performance.