By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: Halo 5 Sold Less than 1M in October

It is really hard to accept those numbers. Even a 50% digital attach rate would only put Halo at 1.5 millions in the US. This is probably the worst prediction month ever in in vgchartz. NPD prediction were a big time far off, Halo 5 first week prediction even farther off. Only one who would have got anything right was probably for "trolling"...

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
I'm way too engrossed in Fallout 4 to give a shit about Halo 5 sales, but if it sold 930k+ copies including bundles in the week or so it was available, then it's pretty safe to say it broke 1 million in October and thus the thread is incorrect.

Apparently the 930k includes bundles. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
I'm way too engrossed in Fallout 4 to give a shit about Halo 5 sales, but if it sold 930k+ copies including bundles in the week or so it was available, then it's pretty safe to say it broke 1 million in October and thus the thread is incorrect.

Yeah, I've got some super mutants and ghouls to kill.

Here's to not experiencing any of the overhyped FO4 issues, on my PS4 and your X1!

Seeing how we dont have digital sales you cant prove it didnt sale 1mil copies.

Any chance this has to do with them dropping the Split-Screen Co-op which was a staple of the other Halo's?  Personally, it's the main reason I haven't picked it up yet.  I've always enjoyed playing Halo co-operatively with a friend over or at a friend's house.  Perhaps dropping it turned off more people than they expected.

"It really has been heartbreaking to hear all these stories about players who were disappointed because they couldn’t play Halo 5 with their children, or siblings, or spouses, or friends because of the lack of splitscreen. This is now an age where you have to double-buy Xbox Ones and TVs within the same household to make that happen, or you have to tell someone to stay at home and play on their own console. That, quite frankly, sucks. It sucks enough where some people have said they haven’t bought Halo 5 because of that, and I can see where they’re coming from."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/10/31/halo-6-might-have-splitscreen-because-of-halo-5-backlash/

Around the Network

Removing split-screen backfired, that's for sure. And there's lots of competition for shooters. MCC had issues. Series has changed and veteran fans might have moved on.

In the end, these sales are good for exclusive game. Just disappointing for Halo. It'll still make MS profit and there'll be plenty of gamers enjoying it.

Mandalore76 said:

Any chance this has to do with them dropping the Split-Screen Co-op which was a staple of the other Halo's?  Personally, it's the main reason I haven't picked it up yet.  I've always enjoyed playing Halo co-operatively with a friend over or at a friend's house.  Perhaps dropping it turned off more people than they expected.

"It really has been heartbreaking to hear all these stories about players who were disappointed because they couldn’t play Halo 5 with their children, or siblings, or spouses, or friends because of the lack of splitscreen. This is now an age where you have to double-buy Xbox Ones and TVs within the same household to make that happen, or you have to tell someone to stay at home and play on their own console. That, quite frankly, sucks. It sucks enough where some people have said they haven’t bought Halo 5 because of that, and I can see where they’re coming from."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/10/31/halo-6-might-have-splitscreen-because-of-halo-5-backlash/

One guy on GAF who works at Best Buy, who is also a legitimate source on GAF was saying how people that were in the line for Halo 5 at launch just left the line and went straight home when they learned that the game didn't have local split screen.

riecsou said:
Mandalore76 said:

One guy on GAF who works at Best Buy, who is also a legitimate source on GAF was saying how people that were in the line for Halo 5 at launch just left the line and went straight home when they learned that the game didn't have local split screen.

But only Sony fans made noise about the splitscreen?

In all seriousness that's crazy, they have to do it next game.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Ooooh gurl... I read "950k including bundles" and I thought it was good number for less than two weeks on sale.

But after seeing the comparisons with previews entries... Damn. Master Chief Collection probably influenced a lot of people in not buying the game so early.

Just for perspective sakes, Mario Kart 8 sold 1.2 millions in a weekend... Yup. Halo did bad. But they'll recover with the holidays around the corner.

ArchangelMadzz said:
riecsou said:

But only Sony fans made noise about the splitscreen?

In all seriousness that's crazy, they have to do it next game.

C'mon, man.  Didn't you see the thread? A guy made a thread saying most of the people complaining about split screen were Sony fans. A ton of Xbox and Halo fans (including me) stepped up to express our disappointment about the removal of the feature. 

*apparently I typed this reply before seeing the "in all seriousness" part. My bad. I'm posting this comment, anyway!*