By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: Halo 5 Sold Less than 1M in October

Flopped, halo isnt the franchise it once was.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
That is so much not true.

In the real world it is so true.

Let´s belive in a random anonimous guys.

If I didn´t want to be banned again from NeoGaf i would be calling out that NPD_George .

It is amazing the level of iresponsability people go for atention.

Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:

If I didn´t want to be banned again from NeoGaf i would be calling out that NPD_George .

Then who should we believe then?

Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:

Call him out,  just do it in a mature and respectful manner.  Ask what proof they have he's legit.  Has Bish verified him.  I presume he has since he allows him post.  My guess is creamsugar asked to set up another account for this month as Microsoft would be very pissed off he spilled the beans on the massive halo decline which they tried to hide.  

So go ahead and ask for proof,  just be reasonable. 

So, that $400M did come from a lot of controllers, accessories, etc. sold, and not 3M+ games sold (it's why they said "games and hardware" instead of just focusing on the game). That begs the question, then: what caused XBOne to jump ahead of PS4 in October, especially with the price cut? People buying consoles in advance in anticipation for the gamee, instead of a ton of sales happening at release? 

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Call him out,  just do it in a mature and respectful manner.  Ask what proof they have he's legit.  Has Bish verified him.  I presume he has since he allows him post.  My guess is creamsugar asked to set up another account for this month as Microsoft would be very pissed off he spilled the beans on the massive halo decline which they tried to hide.  

Me and others posted some of our doubt. But we were either ignored of his prof was deamed legit.

And yes, I do think he is an old insider or leaker with a new ID. We know there were a crackdown on these leakers for the past year. Even NPD is less and less detailed in its statements. No one can calling him out because no one has any numbers any more.

Unfortunately the forum needs this kind of stunts to get attention. 

Dark_Feanor said:
OneKartVita said:

Me and others posted some of our doubt. But we were either ignored of his prof was deamed legit.

And yes, I do think he is an old insider or leaker with a new ID. We know there were a crackdown on these leakers for the past year. Even NPD is less and less detailed in its statements. No one can calling him out because no one has any numbers any more.

Unfortunately the forum needs this kind of stunts to get attention. 

I agree with you except for the attention bit.  NeoGAF is so big and growing so fast that they really don't need attention stunts.

BMaker11 said:

So, that $400M did come from a lot of controllers, accessories, etc. sold, and not 3M+ games sold (it's why they said "games and hardware" instead of just focusing on the game). That begs the question, then: what caused XBOne to jump ahead of PS4 in October, especially with the price cut? People buying consoles in advance in anticipation for the gamee, instead of a ton of sales happening at release? 

If you follow the Amazon thread, a lot of attention has recently been paid to preorders. The Halo 5 bundle was up at #24 on the August monthly rankings, and those sales don't count until release. To rank that high a full 2 months in advance will most certainly have a impact, and there is a theory that PS4's price cut helped move a massive amount of preorders in October and actually moved a lot of sales back a month. There is still a question of just what MS included in the 400MM, and it appears that those are sold in AKA shipped, not sold through, numbers.

Teeqoz said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

Oh! Thanks Mandalore-San! Much appreciated!

Due to such a key feature in Halo, I understand then. Splitscreen has been a bigger factor than most people give it credit in the series. To take out such a feature could be the equivlanet of removing the pick 10 system from Call of Duty games.

What is the pick ten system in CoD?

The pick ten system is a point spending feature in the Call of Duty series. First used in Black Ops II, the pick ten system allows a player to spend ten points to customize what that individual is most comfortable with; perks, weapons, equipment and attachments.

The reason I brought up the pick ten system Teeqoz-San is due to the impact it had on the series. Prior to Black Ops II, you were somewhat restricted upon how you built your class setup. Sure, you could build a class that is still catererd towards your preferences, but limitations were still present, such as maybe opting out of an attachment and having another perk. With Black Ops II, you now have that freedom to design a class without sacrificng what you are most comfortable with. To further aid this new system, special points know as "Wild Cards" were introduced. Wildcards increased customization exponentially. Want two perks? Go for it. Two grenades? Why not? A third attachment for your weapon? It is there for your choosing. Should this system be excluded from future Call of Duty games, I am more than certain the sales will likely decrease; much akin towards what happened with the announcement that Halo 5: Guardians will not support split-screen. While both aspects of each game are different in nature, they do hold similar importance as both are staples and hallmarks to further improve each series entertainment value.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

crazy if true, if it is i wonder if lack of co-op hurt it. I hope it did, that way companies will stop this trend of taking out features for whatever lazy reason they have