By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4: Smoother Experience On The PS4 (DF)

The freeze on xbox one really needs a fix and It should be possible, otherwise it is unplayable.

Framedrops to low 20s unfortunately seems to be a standard on many games, it´s a shame but it is what it is.
With that said, I´m not buying fallout 4. Not because of performance, I just don´t care about the game.

I care about TES though and I hope Bethesda gets their shit together before TES VI, and I´m sure they won´t. :(

Around the Network
naruball said:
GameAnalyser said:
This might require a silly patch.

No need. According to IGN it's a 9.5/10, so almost perfect as it is.

It's amazing how buggy games can still get such a high score xD

I know were still going to play the shit out of this game and enjoy it but its still so disappointing :(

zero129 said:
Ruler said:
Chazore said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Another big budget western game that fails both visually and performance.

Pass,i'll be playing sword art online :)

Not entirely tbh, just one one or two platforms. The PC version won't really be so hamstrung in terms of performance and visuals and thanks to the modding community and fans of the franchise, it's always paid off in spades.

Visuals are the same and like said they dont look very impressive, they look like last gen on all platforms including on pc. Same way with stability, i am excepting many game breaking bugs

I cant think of one lastgen game that looks as good as Fallout 4.

Also i can imagine by next year that FO4 will be looking better then any Nextgen console game once the modders start doing their magic. Hell Skyrim once fully modded looks better then almost any nextgen game as is, so i cant wait to see what they do with this .

Not really skyrym on pc looks worse than witcher 3, bloodborne, dragon age and so many other last and this gen games with or without mods. Yes there a lot of last Gen games who look better than F4, Even the ealier last gen games like Metal Gear Solid 4 look better or devil may cry 4 and so on.

V-r0cK said:
naruball said:

No need. According to IGN it's a 9.5/10, so almost perfect as it is.

It's amazing how buggy games can still get such a high score xD

Yup. If gaming journalism has tought me anything is that bugs affect the score when the reviewer needs a reason to give a low score they were planning on giving anyway. There are games that are cool to hate on like The Order, Knack, or Ryse. If they have bugs, it's somehow inexcusable. Love bandwagons and hate bandwagons are just hilarious.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Ruler said:
Azzanation said:

While PC runs the game at 60 frames. These machines got old very quickly, we still get games render under 30 frames isn't what I call next gen experience.

Just to add the XB1 handles the effects better like Fire, Smoke and Blood the PS4 drops in frames, claimed by DF @4:00. How come you didnt mention this in your thread?

Yeah these consoles cant handle last gen looking graphics @30fps? Look at dragon age, bloodborne, witcher 3 or mgs5 all of these games have better graphics, are open world and perform better than fallout 4.

Bethesda is just a horrible devoloper when it comes to consoles, just like rocksteady studio is for PC. To be honest they are a horrible devoloper in general when it comes to graphics or do they look a lot better on PC? 

No, Rocksteady is a pretty good pc developer. The 3 or so man dev team that worked on porting Arkham knight to pc is to blame for that port not rocksteady..

And imo almost every 3rd party game looks alot better on pc. imo Comparing a PC 3rd party game to a ps4 version, the is a bigger difference in almost every case then the difference between comparing an X1 game to a PS4. And thats not even using a high end system.

Not really more frames doesnt change the poligons, effects or textures of a game. My point was is that the devolopers are to be blamed not the systems

Out of all the pointless discussions, this one is probably one of the most pointless ones. There was never any doubt that Fallout 4 would be anything but shit on consoles.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

LOL:

The PS5 Exists. 

Worth Noting - Works for Kotaku, where laziness is a prerequisite for hiring.

I'm surprised he didn't suggest they call it harassment, and open up Patreon accounts.

Until you actually experience the game for yourself, I wouldn't be making baseless judgement these frame rate video are meant to get attention and reaction so they highlight the most trouble areas of the game(click bait). This game is obviously going to get post release patch. You're just better off waiting for post-release patch and price drop if your going to play on consoles.

On the other hand I would rather they reduce resolution to 900P on Xbox One for a better frame rate.