By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4: Smoother Experience On The PS4 (DF)

Azzanation said:

While PC runs the game at 60 frames. These machines got old very quickly, we still get games render under 30 frames isn't what I call next gen experience.

Just to add the XB1 handles the effects better like Fire, Smoke and Blood the PS4 drops in frames, claimed by DF @4:00. How come you didnt mention this in your thread?

"Xbox One consistently produces a near-unshakable 30fps. It's possible this is a side-effect of Bethesda's choice to begin engine optimisations on Xbox One - but even so, PS4's lengthy stretches at the low 20fps range are out of place, given it's advantages in every other area". That's the quote regarding transparancy effects. Doesn't seem that important relative to the PS4 outperforming the XB1 in everything else. But yes, the XB1 does have that advantage currently. Also, this game isn't considered to be that good looking, is it? There are better looking/running open world gmaes on both XB1/PS4, no? I don't know if I'd say the console performance is what it is due to the machinces being outdated or old, as opposed to Bethesda being almost as poor at optimization as they are at QA.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

This game has bad fps, bug/glitches and probably repeating areas and still gets good score. Seriously, what the fuck. Only mods can save this game imo.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 08 April 2019

OttoniBastos said:
COKTOE said:

"Xbox One consistently produces a near-unshakable 30fps. It's possible this is a side-effect of Bethesda's choice to begin engine optimisations on Xbox One - but even so, PS4's lengthy stretches at the low 20fps range are out of place, given it's advantages in every other area". That's the quote regarding transparancy effects. Doesn't seem that important relative to the PS4 outperforming the XB1 in everything else. But yes, the XB1 does have that advantage currently. Also, this game isn't considered to be that good looking, is it? There are better looking/running open world gmaes on both XB1/PS4, no? I don't know if I'd say the console performance is what it is due to the machinces being outdated or old, as opposed to Bethesda being almost as poor at optimization as they are at QA.

I agree!
Metal gear solid 5 looks better than fallout 4,and it's an open world game running at 60fps on both consoles.

Yep! MGS V is gorgeous. Also, I need to proofread. Some aweful typo's in my comment.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Azzanation said:

While PC runs the game at 60 frames. These machines got old very quickly, we still get games render under 30 frames isn't what I call next gen experience.

Just to add the XB1 handles the effects better like Fire, Smoke and Blood the PS4 drops in frames, claimed by DF @4:00. How come you didnt mention this in your thread?

Could be that the game is just very cpu heavy, which clearly isn't the strongpoint of the current gen consoles. However in all other aspects these consoles are actually closer to current high end PC hardware than PS3/X360 were two years after launch.

Around the Network

No surprise here. Everyone knew the game would have bugs, everyone knows PS4 is way more powerful than Xbox. Just play the game guys, no need to get out the measuring tape. Microsoft has already conceded to Sony a long time ago anyway.

Damn those are some really awful frame rates

The game is running very poorly on both consoles.
PS4 has little advantage on fps 2-5 max and not have the freezing. But Xbox one handle better all effects and is more stable loading the far constructions and scenery.
Expecting for the inevitable patches already. Well i will be playing COD and ROTR so plenty of time until i get the Fallout 4 game.

Ruler said:

Visuals are the same and like said they dont look very impressive, they look like last gen on all platforms including on pc. Same way with stability, i am excepting many game breaking bugs

Not really from what I;m seeing. That and mods in the coming days will sort out what gamers on PC desire and then of course when Beth release the completel toolset then more extensive mods will flow and vastly improve upon the foundations Bethesda laid down for them. It's going to be like F3/NV/Skyrim all over again where the mods just improve and add more to the game and fans of the series aren't really phased by what they are seeing.

What you find impressive is subjective though, not objective.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Skeetys said:

No surprise here. Everyone knew the game would have bugs, everyone knows PS4 is way more powerful than Xbox. Just play the game guys, no need to get out the measuring tape. Microsoft has already conceded to Sony a long time ago anyway.

What the hell has to do microsoft with the terrible optimization Bethesda has done with this game? This is not a hardware problem, this is Bethesda thinking they can release a game several months before is truly finished.