By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4: Smoother Experience On The PS4 (DF)

Abun said:

I am sure Horizon Zer Dawn will run much better than FO4 and play better just like it already looks better.I don't get the hype for this mediocre FO game.

Well considering Horizon is a first party game exclusive to one platform while Fallout 4 is a multiconsole third party game, I am sure it will be better optimized for PS4 than Fallout 4. Also water is wet.

Around the Network

Is that a firmware issue or something. There was a moment like this in the latest Assassin's Creed where there was actually sustained moment where the game actually stopped on Xbox One.

0 FPS though... If this is caused by streaming textures, they should be able to fix this with some sort of LOD streaming solution... then again, when it happened in AC, there was also no apparent streaming issues. So, I don't know. I guess its just an engine bug.

zero129 said:
Ruler said:
zero129 said:
Ruler said:
Chazore said:

Not entirely tbh, just one one or two platforms. The PC version won't really be so hamstrung in terms of performance and visuals and thanks to the modding community and fans of the franchise, it's always paid off in spades.

Visuals are the same and like said they dont look very impressive, they look like last gen on all platforms including on pc. Same way with stability, i am excepting many game breaking bugs

I cant think of one lastgen game that looks as good as Fallout 4.

Also i can imagine by next year that FO4 will be looking better then any Nextgen console game once the modders start doing their magic. Hell Skyrim once fully modded looks better then almost any nextgen game as is, so i cant wait to see what they do with this .

Not really skyrym on pc looks worse than witcher 3, bloodborne, dragon age and so many other last and this gen games with or without mods. Yes there a lot of last Gen games who look better than F4, Even the ealier last gen games like Metal Gear Solid 4 look better or devil may cry 4 and so on.

Clearly you have not seen much of modded Skyrim if you think it cant stand up there with them 3 games when clearly it can. And once the modders work their magic with this game it will look better then anything on nextgen consoles.

Also please do show me pics of any open world game from lastgen that looks as good as Fallout 4 when it comes to textures, lighting, Shadows, AA etc .

MGS4 or DMC are both liner games and both of them do not look as good.

To answer your question. Witcher 3  looks  much much better then fallout 4  and the world itself is at least 5 times the size of  fallout 4. Another game to add to that list is just cause 3 and that game is alot bigger then witcher 3 .  Fallout 4 has textures that look like a last gen game. its disappointing considering its world size is as big s skyrim which is small .

Wow that's awful. It has to be some poor coding issue. There has to be a patch coming in soon.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

GribbleGrunger said:
LOL:

Do people still defend him? 

The amusing thing is this was optimized for the Xbox One first.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Am I the only one that is sick of Bethesda's BS? Seriously, they need to cut check to PC modders for bailing them out all the damned time.

You could say this for any game that modders mod a lot. Don't know what this has got to do with PC modders though since it's the console versions and not PC.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Abun said:

I am sure Horizon Zer Dawn will run much better than FO4 and play better just like it already looks better.I don't get the hype for this mediocre FO game.

Well for one HZD is exclusive to just PS4 and made by a PS only company, of course it's going to look and play better than a multiplat dev team who have been using an old engine for the past decade and longer. Hell I'm buying Legacy of the Void tomorrow instead of F4 because I feel it looks and plays better despite them being totally different games but I know Blizz are PC centric and SCII is PC exclusive which leaves them to only optimize for one platform. I'll still get Fallout 4 a month or two down the road though and then mod it to make it look better than it already is.

Also afaik Fallout isn't mediocre, it's actually a really popular franchise and has been for years on PC and then on consoles with Fallout 3/NV. and the previous Fallout titles on PC as well.

Hey where's that GIF from?

Chazore said:
Darc Requiem said:
Am I the only one that is sick of Bethesda's BS? Seriously, they need to cut check to PC modders for bailing them out all the damned time.

You could say this for any game that modders mod a lot. Don't know what this has got to do with PC modders though since it's the console versions and not PC.

I posted that from my phone and managed to somehow not quote Zero129. That said I disagree with you. The issue I have with Bethesda games is that they are often half assed at release and they become a quality experience until after modders get a hold of them. Modders shouldn't have to fix core issues with the game for it to become playable. At least Morrowind was quality exprience that modders improved. It seems like with each subsequent release Bethesda relies more on modders to fix their problems. Their console releases on the other hand never seem to be optimized. It seem that they get their console games to run just well enough to be released.

method114 said:

Hey where's that GIF from?

French anime called Wakfu which also has it;s own game(s) called Dofus (set before Wakfu) and Wakfu.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

GribbleGrunger said:
LOL:

Plenty of people are showing him that he is wrong. And he still tries to defend the thing.