By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4: Smoother Experience On The PS4 (DF)

ganoncrotch said:
dane007 said:

i know like my modded skyrim 

That pavement texture looks pretty damn weird, especially where it bends, just so out of place looking.

Lol i know but it came with the mod lol. Still looks alot better then it was originally.  skyrim modded maeks fo4 look pretty bad lol

Around the Network

I was watching Twitch for over 4 hours and none of the 2 versions are so bad like people are are saying.
The game is pretty much playable. I noticed pretty little drops on fps on both PS4 and Xbox.
Make yourselves a favor and just go watch, you will see that Fallout 4 is not that unplayable aftet all.

Surprised as I thought it would be CPU bound and that's X1's strong area...

Maybe the Creation Engine loves the PS4's 8GB of unified high bandwidth memory?

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

SvennoJ said:
zero129 said:
Looks like once again PC version is the way to go with this game and any other game in the same style. I like this part "for those with PC as their platform of choice, all the signs look good for a smooth experience even on budget kit" , seems like people dont even need a high end system to get good performance out of this game on pc.

If you call ungodly stutter and frame pacing issues smooth...
What we lack is a decent 30fps cap, which sees performance lurch - Nvidia's half-rate adaptive v-sync produces ungodly stutter here, and it's down to Riva Tuner Statistics Server's frame-rate cap to level performance, though frame-pacing is still an issue.
The game is not very demanding anyway if ultra level textures fit comfortably in 2GB.
With a decent PC and some tweaks it should be smoother.

Depends on your idea of budget kit I suppose.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CTYqOkdUkAA3wzL.mp4

Around the Network

I've been playing X1 version for about 8 hours now and it really isn't even nearly as bad as people think. Sure there are some significant frame-drops when there's lots of people and explosions etc but it's far from gamebreaking. That 0fps has probably happened only couple of times, like a half a second freeze when loading a new area, I badly even notice it. Never happened to me when changing weapons tho.

For me, other bugs like subtitles getting stuck in dialogues, are way more annoying. Still, it's such a fantastic game and I'm enjoying it alot 😏

Wait: Did nobody post the updated article from DF yet?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-faster-hard-drives-boost-xbox-one-fallout-4-performance
The problem is related to storage and not CPU or GPU.

Loading Times (Seconds) Xbox One Stock Drive Xbox One 7200rpm HDD Xbox One SSD PS4 Stock Drive PS4 SSD
Vault 111 34.2 29.8 19.5 32.6 16.8
Exiting Vault 111 28.6 23.2 16.0 22.8 11.8
Concord Town 45.8 40.5 26.7 39.8 25.8
Entering Museum of Freedom 19.2 15.0 7.5 16.0 10.5
Diamond City 47.4 39.8 22.9 44.3 28.0
Entering Dugout Inn 13.6 10.9 5.8 12.2 8.8