By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4: Smoother Experience On The PS4 (DF)

Yes, multiplatform games have usually been running better on the PS4 since both it and the X1 were launched, which is a total reversal compared to last gen, where most multiplatforms games ran better on the 360, especially the ones from Bethesda.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Zekkyou said:
HollyGamer said:
Azzanation said:

While PC runs the game at 60 frames.

I think u need to be specific what kind of PC spec that can run the games at ultra, 4k, full Anti aliasing, while maintaining 60 fps?

Where did you get 'ultra, 4k, full Anti aliasing' from? :p

well i could have  just mention, 60 fps, with low setting, 640p and no anti aliasing, , it doesn't matter,  the post is misleading. i cannot even play Fallout 4 on my old PC  intel pentium mmx

Man you just need to press the Turbo button on it to boot!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

0 fps though?...close to having a deja vu of the PS3 version of Skyrim.

JGarret said:
0 fps though?...close to having a deja vu of the PS3 version of Skyrim.

or the PS3 version of FO5!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

zero129 said:
Looks like once again PC version is the way to go with this game and any other game in the same style. I like this part "for those with PC as their platform of choice, all the signs look good for a smooth experience even on budget kit" , seems like people dont even need a high end system to get good performance out of this game on pc.

If you call ungodly stutter and frame pacing issues smooth...
What we lack is a decent 30fps cap, which sees performance lurch - Nvidia's half-rate adaptive v-sync produces ungodly stutter here, and it's down to Riva Tuner Statistics Server's frame-rate cap to level performance, though frame-pacing is still an issue.
The game is not very demanding anyway if ultra level textures fit comfortably in 2GB.
With a decent PC and some tweaks it should be smoother.

Around the Network

This might require a silly patch.

GameAnalyser said:
This might require a silly patch.

No need. According to IGN it's a 9.5/10, so almost perfect as it is.

Azzanation said:

I wouldnt say consoles have done better, There is no other game like Fallout 4 on consoles that have proven this. Sure games can look good but Fallout 4 is another genre that struggles to run at a next gen standard. Its not the Devs fault the game cant hit 60 frames or have alot more detail and effects, as we have seen with the PC version. Hardware is a limitation. Remember theres more to a game than the visuals that eat up processing power, like AI, number of enermies, FOV, Vsync, AA, AF and many other things.

As we have seen with many ports that are heavily optimised that the differences between the 2 consoles is a bare minimum. Look at the heavily optimised games like The Witcher 3 for example or Destiny. When companies start using the strenghts of both consoles and not just the strenght of one and not the other, you wont notice much difference.

As for Fallout 4, sure it doesnt look as good as Ryse or Killzone but Fallout is doing things those games dont do instead. The perfect example is Driveclub vs Forza Horizon 2, sure one game looks better because its more linear and track focused while the other focuses on other things like open world etc. That processing power doesnt change between games, its all the same for every game, its just where they decide to use it. Halo 5 focused on frame rate, if they wanted to, they could have made it look like a tech demo if they chose 30 frames instead.  

We'll have to agree to disagree on that front, because personally i think Fallout 4 is a technical disappointment (yes, with all factors considered). Not to the point that i'd complain about its general tech, but enough so that i don't think the coupled performance issues are acceptable. Especially not when a low budget PC can do the job.

TW3 and Destiny are rather contradictory examples of games that are 'heavily optimized' for both. One is functionally identical on both (and fairly technically conservative in general), which simply can't happen if a game is making good use of 'the strengths of both consoles'. The other (as of its most recent patch) shows a pretty clear overall advantage for the PS4. How much value someone puts on that advantage is entirely subjective, but ultimately it is there. All we can do is point out its frequent existence, and let people decide for themselves how relevant it is.

xl-klaudkil said:
Another big budget western game that fails both visually and performance.

Pass,i'll be playing sword art online :)

Fallout has never been a tour de force in the graphics category, nor was it ever needed (I mean, I wouldn't turn it down, but it's not required to make a good game).  The performance sadly, is something I think we've all come to expect from Bethesda.  Still, it's preloaded on my PC, and I'll be playing the  hell out of it soon enough.  Glad you have an alternative you enjoy though!

ganoncrotch said:
HollyGamer said:
Zekkyou said:
HollyGamer said:
Azzanation said:

While PC runs the game at 60 frames.

I think u need to be specific what kind of PC spec that can run the games at ultra, 4k, full Anti aliasing, while maintaining 60 fps?

Where did you get 'ultra, 4k, full Anti aliasing' from? :p

well i could have  just mention, 60 fps, with low setting, 640p and no anti aliasing, , it doesn't matter,  the post is misleading. i cannot even play Fallout 4 on my old PC  intel pentium mmx

Man you just need to press the Turbo button on it to boot!

lol, i try that many times it just give me eror code