By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4: Smoother Experience On The PS4 (DF)

This game combined with the last Batman Arkhan something show that coding for consoles =/= coding for PC. Sure, it can be well seen in graphically acomplished console games (usually the exclusives). And 30 FPS is a choice - but ofcourse as usual, I'm wasting my breadth.

OT: Drop to 0FPS? That's a big oversight, or rather, compromise to accept. I doubt QA didn't see it, unless there's some specific, elusive collection of conditions that were replicated on both Xbones in this test (not likely). The bug must be on the list for the first patch. 

Around the Network
Areym said:
0 frames? That has to be a new record.
I'm excited to get my Fallout 4 copy this thursday but I am weary of the bugs and glitches that are bound to show up at launch.

Yeah it's pretty weird the freezes, but like they said in the full article, it basically happens at set points or if you've not used the model or sfx of a gun/grenade in some time the game just unloads the cached model and effects from memory, given that the bug is repeatable and FO5 is such a massive title I'm sure it'll be patched a lot over the next few months.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

That stuttering...

Azzanation said:

While PC runs the game at 60 frames.

I think u need to be specific what kind of PC spec that can run the games at ultra, 4k, full Anti aliasing, while maintaining 60 fps?

HollyGamer said:
Azzanation said:

I think u need to be specific what kind of PC spec that can run the games at ultra, 4k, full Anti aliasing, while maintaining 60 fps?

Where did you get 'ultra, 4k, full Anti aliasing' from? :p

Around the Network

Jesus Bethesda, "it just works"...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Zekkyou said:
Azzanation said:

My biggest gripe is the fact Fallout 4 runs better on a budget PC. Optimising is very important and all companies should be doing that all the time, and if all companies do that we would barely tell the differences between the PS4 and XB1. However that doesnt change the fact that a budget PC runs FO4 better then the PS4/XB1 when i remember them saying these consoles were considered super computers in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipDWbd6HNg

And many articles claiming this below

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/26/the-ps4-is-a-supercomputer-according-to-japanese-regulations-xbox-one-is-just-under-the-threshold/

But why does that matter? If both consoles have shown several times in the past that they're capable of much more, then you should be directing your complaint at Bethesda, not the consoles themselves. The PC version running fine doesn't change that. When a game runs fine on consoles but very poorly on a comparable (and sometimes better) PC we don't blame the hardware, we blame the developer for releasing a sub-standard product. I don't see why we should act differently when the roles are reversed.

As for the Japan thing, that's the result on an outdated regulation rather than them thinking the PS4 is some kind of technical marvel. According to the article you linked it was last updated to 1.5tflops back in 2005. That would indeed have been a pretty damn powerful PC at the time.

On a side note, i disagree that developers properly optimizing their games would make the differences between the PS4 and X1 'barley noticeable' (outside of subjective evaluations). If anything i expect it would make the differences more apparent in some cases.

I wouldnt say consoles have done better, There is no other game like Fallout 4 on consoles that have proven this. Sure games can look good but Fallout 4 is another genre that struggles to run at a next gen standard. Its not the Devs fault the game cant hit 60 frames or have alot more detail and effects, as we have seen with the PC version. Hardware is a limitation. Remember theres more to a game than the visuals that eat up processing power, like AI, number of enermies, FOV, Vsync, AA, AF and many other things.

As we have seen with many ports that are heavily optimised that the differences between the 2 consoles is a bare minimum. Look at the heavily optimised games like The Witcher 3 for example or Destiny. When companies start using the strenghts of both consoles and not just the strenght of one and not the other, you wont notice much difference.

As for Fallout 4, sure it doesnt look as good as Ryse or Killzone but Fallout is doing things those games dont do instead. The perfect example is Driveclub vs Forza Horizon 2, sure one game looks better because its more linear and track focused while the other focuses on other things like open world etc. That processing power doesnt change between games, its all the same for every game, its just where they decide to use it. Halo 5 focused on frame rate, if they wanted to, they could have made it look like a tech demo if they chose 30 frames.  

I'll be picking up on PC in a month or two.

0 frames per second are you kidding me? Oh well I'll pick this up in a few months on PC. Have way to many games to lined up right now. All of them being 30+ hour games.

Zekkyou said:
HollyGamer said:
Azzanation said:

Where did you get 'ultra, 4k, full Anti aliasing' from? :p

well i could have  just mention, 60 fps, with low setting, 640p and no anti aliasing, , it doesn't matter,  the post is misleading. i cannot even play Fallout 4 on my old PC  intel pentium mmx