By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sooo, Xenoblade Chronicles X USA pre-orders...

Tagged games:

Paatar said:

Omg you're totally right because install base has everything to do with it.

Oh yeah and Xenoblade X has already outsold the original in Japan Physical + Digital where the original had a 12m install base to go on and X has a 2m. So suck on that. ;)

Did it really? Well color me wrong, then. How much has it sold there? 200k? 300k? 400k?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

As a Nintendo 1st party dev the only other platforms they can make games for are 3DS and NX

And mobile.

97alexk said:
OnlyForDisplay said:
I also hope that Xenoblade Chronicles X does sell well. It is a well created experience and Monolith could really use more recognition to help them out in terms of creating more games for more platforms.

isnt monolith soft owned by nintendo, like 98 % , everything they do only comes to Nintendo platforms, unless they have like some workers help with another dev making a game for another platform.

They're 100% owned by Nintendo.  They're a first party studio.

Nuvendil said:
97alexk said:

isnt monolith soft owned by nintendo, like 98 % , everything they do only comes to Nintendo platforms, unless they have like some workers help with another dev making a game for another platform.

They're 100% owned by Nintendo.  They're a first party studio.

Won't stop people from port begging though!
The amount of Xeno X should be on PC/PS4 posts I've seen is staggering.

The supply/demand, GameStop issue completely slipped my mind. The original could've sold better than it did if it had more faith and supply behind it.
From the looks of these pre-orders, Nintendo appears to have learned their lesson.

Around the Network

Yeah they definitely need to market this as much as Splatoon and Mario Maker. It has so much potential and a lot of people are excited for it. Just need to present it to the mainstream in the right way to get that extra demographic involved.

spemanig said:
Paatar said:

Omg you're totally right because install base has everything to do with it.

Oh yeah and Xenoblade X has already outsold the original in Japan Physical + Digital where the original had a 12m install base to go on and X has a 2m. So suck on that. ;)

Did it really? Well color me wrong, then. How much has it sold there? 200k? 300k? 400k?

Almost last that was reported it had just barely over 160k. That was a few months ago. It's digital sales are also oddly very high. They're like over 30k.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

When's something's to good to be true. It usually isn't true! .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Samus Aran said:
COKTOE said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:
Isn't the only JRPG that sells well in the west Final Fantasy?

Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi...

Fire Emblem is my fav game on that list.....but does it really sell well? Is it in the realm of the other games you listed?

Nope, but it sells pretty well in the West. I think Awakening sold more in NA than in Japan.

Fire Emblem is in the same tier as a series like Persona or the older Disgaea titles. Does better in US than it does in Japan (6 figures too), but comparing to FF and KH is just dumb.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'd say Fire Emblem has surpassed Persona and Disgaea at this point.
As for Kingdom Hearts, Awakening is currently selling more than Dream Drop Distance, is closing in on Birth by Sleep, Chain of Memories, and 358/2.
Now, when comparing it to KH1 & 2, THEN it's a joke.
But as for the handheld spinoff games, not so much. In fact, Fates is expected to perform better than what Awakening is doing.

Compared to Final Fantasy... yeah, it's a joke.