By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sooo, Xenoblade Chronicles X USA pre-orders...

Tagged games:

Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:
Isn't the only JRPG that sells well in the west Final Fantasy?

Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi...

So basically anything with roots in the 90s...

Pokémon is from 1996. Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi have its origins in a game that released in 1996 as well.

Corrected the original post, as I actually had a typo >_<

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Guitarguy said:
Was Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii a good game? Thinking about purchasing it before the price skyrockets....

You're much too late for that

As for whether it was good or not, I personally didn't like it but a lot of people did. So if you can still find it for a reasonable price somewhere then it's worth trying at least. Of course if you have a New 3DS you could also get the re-release there.

Not in all areas.  In my area, price of Xenoblade on Wii is about $45

I lucked out and was able to get a physical copy from GameStop at $60 + tax, compared to all the copies I was seeing off Amazon going at around $100.

Ka-pi96 said:
Guitarguy said:
Was Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii a good game? Thinking about purchasing it before the price skyrockets....

You're much too late for that

As for whether it was good or not, I personally didn't like it but a lot of people did. So if you can still find it for a reasonable price somewhere then it's worth trying at least. Of course if you have a New 3DS you could also get the re-release there.

It goes for around $90-110US new on EBay, believe me, compared to some Jaguar & Saturn games I have been looking for, $100US is not much :P

Samus Aran said:

Pokémon is from 1996. Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi have its origins in a game that released in 1996 as well.

It's also worth noting that Fire Emblem didn't exist in the West until the 2000s.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Samus Aran said:

It's also worth noting that Fire Emblem didn't exist in the West until the 2000s.

And mainline Final Fantasy didn't release in Europe unti 1997. They are still franchises steeped in a lot more mainstream history than Xenoblade, even if factoring in Xenogears etc. Though Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi can attribute a good chunk of their sales to the brand power of Mario.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Paatar said:
spemanig said:

Did it really? Well color me wrong, then. How much has it sold there? 200k? 300k? 400k?

Almost last that was reported it had just barely over 160k. That was a few months ago. It's digital sales are also oddly very high. They're like over 30k.

Could you give me the link for that last report?The last official number that i remember was the digital sales number for may, that adding to the sales shown at media create would put it around 130k -140k.Really curious to know how X sold to date.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

MikeRox said:

And mainline Final Fantasy didn't release in Europe unti 1997. They are still franchises steeped in a lot more mainstream history than Xenoblade, even if factoring in Xenogears etc. Though Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi can attribute a good chunk of their sales to the brand power of Mario.

Eh, Fire Emblem is "steeped in mainstream history" compared to Xenogears, Xenosaga 1-3, & Xenoblade? I don't see how. Both Fire Emblem and the Xeno games are popular but not mainstream.

Are we getting off-topic? How did I get here?

NoirSon said:
OnlyForDisplay said:
I also hope that Xenoblade Chronicles X does sell well. It is a well created experience and Monolith could really use more recognition to help them out in terms of creating more games for more platforms.

I think if this game performs well, it will A.) solidfy the Xenoblade Chronicles brand as a franchise for Nintendo, B.) work toward filling the void left by Star Fox Zero and Zelda Wii U.

Monolith since being bought out by Nintendo, seems to have had steady work between working on Nintendo titles or handling Bandai Namco games. I think they are strong enough and will be around for a while short of Nintendo aborbing them wholesale into another major team.

Indeed the bolded Noir-San. With other companies like Alpha Dream and Retro Studios, Nintendo really needs to get that third company so that they can go back to having more quality titles to assist their own large IP hits such as Mario and Zelda.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

I hope this game sells at least a million copies! considering the low installed base could be considered a moderate success and spawn more rpgs from the studio.