By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sooo, Xenoblade Chronicles X USA pre-orders...

Tagged games:

Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:
Isn't the only JRPG that sells well in the west Final Fantasy?

Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi...

Ah yes, Pokemon. The rest aren't big sellers.

No big sellers? Lol. Super Paper Mario sold 4M. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story sold at least 4.2M.

Yeah, sure, no big sellers. Guess Uncharted is not big either.

We're talking about the West here (Uncharted sold, what, 6-7M in the West?) and those games were released during the Wii/DS era which means sales will be way down this generation for those games.

Around the Network

Wasn't that the week the special edition was announced?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I really, really hope it sells well. I love XC and X can't come soon enough.
You all better buy the game when it comes out!!! :P

I already bought my copy and maybe I buy another one as a present.

I hope it sells at least 1 million worldwide. 2 would be perfect for me. It deserves so much love!
Tough I'm going to miss hearing What a bunch of jokers and It's Reyn Time every now and then. And that music... :_(

Lawlight said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:
Isn't the only JRPG that sells well in the west Final Fantasy?

Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi...

Ah yes, Pokemon. The rest aren't big sellers.

No big sellers? Lol. Super Paper Mario sold 4M. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story sold at least 4.2M.

Yeah, sure, no big sellers. Guess Uncharted is not big either.

We're talking about the West here (Uncharted sold, what, 6-7M in the West?) and those games were released during the Wii/DS era which means sales will be way down this generation for those games.

The games I mentioned are all more popular in the West than Japan. And they still sell millions.

One million I believe is plausible and shouldn't be difficult to reach. 2 million is they mark the game should REAL strive for!

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Paatar said:

Uhmmm... I know???

Yet Xenoblade did almost 500k here with no advertising and only available at Gamestop.... 

It has a chance regardless

Anyways, like I said, in a month we'll see some advertising for it. 

All those people waiting those 3 years are doing their pre-orders now, which is where all of these are coming from. People who have known about the game. 

On a platform with 100m users.

Not a chance.

Omg you're totally right because install base has everything to do with it.

Oh yeah and Xenoblade X has already outsold the original in Japan Physical + Digital where the original had a 12m install base to go on and X has a 2m. So suck on that. ;)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

It deserves more

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I also hope that Xenoblade Chronicles X does sell well. It is a well created experience and Monolith could really use more recognition to help them out in terms of creating more games for more platforms.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

OnlyForDisplay said:
I also hope that Xenoblade Chronicles X does sell well. It is a well created experience and Monolith could really use more recognition to help them out in terms of creating more games for more platforms.

I think if this game performs well, it will A.) solidfy the Xenoblade Chronicles brand as a franchise for Nintendo, B.) work toward filling the void left by Star Fox Zero and Zelda Wii U.

Monolith since being bought out by Nintendo, seems to have had steady work between working on Nintendo titles or handling Bandai Namco games. I think they are strong enough and will be around for a while short of Nintendo aborbing them wholesale into another major team.

OnlyForDisplay said:

isnt monolith soft owned by nintendo, like 98 % , everything they do only comes to Nintendo platforms, unless they have like some workers help with another dev making a game for another platform.