By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sooo, Xenoblade Chronicles X USA pre-orders...

Tagged games:

You do realize that the past two weeks is when the special edition went up for sale right? Yeah, and it has been available to pre-order from Gamestop. There has been no limit to the pre-orders for it there. So it makes perfect sense why it has gotten 40k pre-orders in the last two weeks.

Also keep in mind it's one of the main games that a lot of people have been waiting to get a Wii U for, and it's pretty much the only big hitter system seller this holiday. I imagine in a month we will see some heavy advertising for it as well.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Paatar said:
You do realize that the past two weeks is when the special edition went up for sale right? Yeah, and it has been available to pre-order from Gamestop. There has been no limit to the pre-orders for it there. So it makes perfect sense why it has gotten 40k pre-orders in the last two weeks.

Also keep in mind it's one of the main games that a lot of people have been waiting to get a Wii U for, and it's pretty much the only big hitter system seller this holiday. I imagine in a month we will see some heavy advertising for it as well.

Honestly, the game has not chance here until they start showing localized footage. The footage they've been showing won't attract anyone who hasn't been watching this game for 3 years already. They need epic trailers with english voices.

The special edition bundle wasn't announced until the 29th of August. 

These numbers are from 2 and 3 weeks prior. That's why I'm unsure of these numbers.

spemanig said:
Paatar said:

Honestly, the game has not chance here until they start showing localized footage. The footage they've been showing won't attract anyone who hasn't been watching this game for 3 years already. They need epic trailers with english voices.

Uhmmm... I know???

Yet Xenoblade did almost 500k here with no advertising and only available at Gamestop.... 

It has a chance regardless

Anyways, like I said, in a month we'll see some advertising for it. 

All those people waiting those 3 years are doing their pre-orders now, which is where all of these are coming from. People who have known about the game. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

The preorders are not right, Halo 5 should've gotten more preorders than that.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Paatar said:

Uhmmm... I know???

Yet Xenoblade did almost 500k here with no advertising and only available at Gamestop.... 

It has a chance regardless

Anyways, like I said, in a month we'll see some advertising for it. 

All those people waiting those 3 years are doing their pre-orders now, which is where all of these are coming from. People who have known about the game. 

On a platform with 100m users.

Not a chance.

Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:
Isn't the only JRPG that sells well in the west Final Fantasy?

Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi...

Ah yes, Pokemon. The rest aren't big sellers.

To be fair, you never asked if they were big sellers.
You asked if their were JRPGs that sell well in the West.
And all of those games above do. In fact, they all sell better in the West than they do in Japan.
Kingdom Hearts is another one.

Lawlight said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:
Isn't the only JRPG that sells well in the west Final Fantasy?

Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi...

Ah yes, Pokemon. The rest aren't big sellers.

No big sellers? Lol. Super Paper Mario sold 4M. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story sold at least 4.2M.

Yeah, sure, no big sellers. Guess Uncharted is not big either.

Nah, Nintendo doesn't care about Wii U games anymore. Just look at beautiful marketing campaign for Devil's Third, Fatal Frame V and Mario Tennis.

I'm sure they will release Survival guide № 3 and launch trailer for Xeno X and that's it.