By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 4 2016 lineup looking solid

Does EverQuest Next have a 2016 or 2017 release date? DAY 1 on PS4! ;)

Around the Network

Yup, you can see that the PS4 will hit it's stride next year, a really strong list with huge variation in genres.

TaMpAbLaCk said:
Does EverQuest Next have a 2016 or 2017 release date? DAY 1 on PS4! ;)

With the company behind it I wouldn't expect that game anytime soon.

GT7 aswell perhaps? We will know in a few weeks.

I think Quantic Dream's new game (Singularity?) could come out late 2016 aswell, 3 years since beyond which sounds about right, but could be pushed to early 2017 to help it stand out.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

It's amazing to think that both TLG and Ni-Oh will come out next year! I still can't believe it myself..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Aerys said:

I wouldnt call it solid no, i would call it totally crazy, one of the best , if not the best line up of playstation since PS2

Even more crazy knowing more announcements are coming at 2 next conferences , many games have not been announced ( GT 7, Sony Bend game, sucker punch game, Level 5 game, God OF War ? )

Yep PS4 has me thinking PS2 levels of greatness with games, for 2016 forwards.

Insane amount of fantastic looking game releases for 2016.

Definitely:

UC4

Horizon

SFV

Persona 5

Wild

Rime (I'm assuming that's not coming this year either)

Abzu

DQXI (though I doubt this will see the light of day in the west next year)

Project Setsuna

Probably/Maybe:

TLG

R&C

Star Ocean 5

No Man's Sky (the fact that they're still dancing around giving a release date has kind of soured me on that game)

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (doubt 2016 for that one though)

Gravity Rush 1&2

It's possible/Need more info:

Attack on Titan

Ni-Oh

Dreams

I feel like I am still forgetting a ton of stuff here but yeah that's a more than solid list for 2016.

beeje13 said:
GT7 aswell perhaps? We will know in a few weeks.

I think Quantic Dream's new game (Singularity?) could come out late 2016 aswell, 3 years since beyond which sounds about right, but could be pushed to early 2017 to help it stand out.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gran-turismo-7-probably-coming-before-2017-will-ha/1100-6427946/

Technically GT7 has already been announced officially, because Kaz has outright confirmed it's existance. With GT6 the game was announced properly in May 2013, then it released in December, most likely something similar will happen with GT7.

With the game being properly revealed then releasing less than a year later, we may not even see it shown this year if it's a Fall 2016 release, but if it's coming in the summer or late spring then maybe Playstation Experience or Paris will be when it's shown for the 1st time.

Quantic Dream confirmed this shortly after PS4 was announced:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-19-pre-production-on-beyond-dev-quantic-dreams-ps4-game-began-middle-of-2012

Depending on how long the pre-production phase was, their new PS4 title could be a few years into full scale development, may end up being a late 2016 game.

Sony Bend have also been working on their game for a few years, maybe 3, that likely include pre-production, that has to be shown at some point and could potentially be a Fall 2016 release.

Maybe some of the stuff currently slated for 2016 will be push back, it all depends on what's further along development.

There's a fair amount of other things which Sony will have to reveal at some point, Paris and PSX should be very entertaining. 3 huge new games were announced at E3, plus TLG got re-revealed, then at TGS we had 4 new AAA PS4 exclusives announced, a few new announcements could be made at each of the next 2 events, depends on what Sony feels they need to talk about.

Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn looks good, the other are a lot of Garbage. Hopefully Sony will bring these two Games and dont delay it for years without one word like the other times in Gaming History......

Burek said:
Teeqoz said:

Ratchet & Clank a budget title and Street Fighter V a Japanese niche anime game confirmed.

Well, Sony seems to think that R&C is budget, since they are not asking a full price for it. I skipped SFV because I don't think a slightly enhanced and reskinned game deserves mention. I mean, it is exactly the same game with the same fighters as last gen, just enhanced to use power advantages of PS4. You might as well put MLB 16 on the list

Its a remake, so like with Gears Of War UE, its priced at $40 but not a budget release.