By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade X be good? Should we worry??

Tagged games:

Will you buy Xenoblade X?

Fucking Yesss! 157 83.96%

Im not so sure anymore 18 9.63%

Nope. 12 6.42%

Total:187

I'm expecting a truly excellent game. I've accepted that the story won't quite match, the setting will be less unique and the soundtrack a little less perfect and I prefer a more fanasy setting over sci-fi. But it should be still great. It reminds me of playing FF6 after FF4. More player freedom, better graphics with a more modern setting, but lacking a bit of the story structure and fantasy magic of the predecessor.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Lawlight said:

Kotaku.

That joke of web... I remember that the author said he was playing 60 hours without understanding the language and it was so boring.... so boring that the gameplay alone keep him playing for 60 hours lol.

In contrast we also have the Dual Shocker review (that btw, they count on meta, not as kotaku) and they gave it a 9.5/10

When did that happen? Last i checked DS weren't on metacritic either.

Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

Can you post where he said he didn't understand Japanese? Or are you just trying to discredit the site because you like that reviewer's opinion?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2015/09/15/super-mario-maker-is-an-engine-for-circulating-horrible-new-mario-levels/

Super Mario Maker must be a shitty game! This one dude only gave it a 5/10!

I don't see the score.

The review itself is appalling.

Dravenet7 said:
Samus Aran said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2015/09/15/super-mario-maker-is-an-engine-for-circulating-horrible-new-mario-levels/

Super Mario Maker must be a shitty game! This one dude only gave it a 5/10!

I don't see the score.

The review itself is appalling.

The coward must have hidden it, it's still on metacritic though.

atleast when Nintendo move the release date forward is beacusae they want to make it even better and bug free unlike most games wich are broken from day one

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Also, fairly sure Kotaku doesn't count on MC because they don't give scores.

Slightly concerned. Really hope this hits the mark, waiting three years for a proper rpg on a console is bad enough, if it then goes on to underwhelm, it will be very disappointing.

It'll have a mixed reception, but i'll still be buying so future entries come over. Doesn't mean i'm not going bitch up a storm if the complaints I hear about are true.

The game had good reviews, nothing too ground breaking tho.

TheLastStarFighter said:
 I prefer a more fanasy setting over sci-fi.

Is this one really any more sci-fi? The original opened with a human army armed with mechs and assault rifles battling against an army of robots, then went on to heavily feature such things as cyborgs, DNA scanning, and highly advanced AI's. Aside from ether, which was often treated like gas anyways, there wasn't too much fantasy elements that I can recall.