By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade X be good? Should we worry??

Tagged games:

Will you buy Xenoblade X?

Fucking Yesss! 157 83.96%

Im not so sure anymore 18 9.63%

Nope. 12 6.42%

Total:187

So, Star Fox Zero has been delayed to sometime Q1 2016 release. 

This leaves us with Xenoblade Chronicles X as the only WiiU exclusive contender thats worth the effort left for 2015.

Xenoblade Chronicles is the best RPG from last generation and i have really high hopes for Xenoblade X...However...I'm reading some very bad things about the game. The biggest complaint seems to be pretty common for open world games nowadays: A huge and beautifull yet boring and empty world with little to non existent plot. There were some more complaints but this one is the most worrysome of them all.

Like, WHAT? A boring and empty world with no good story in a Xenoblade game..? What the hell happened..? Recent games like MGS V and Mad Max share some of these issues but the former has received good press from everybody and their grandmas and the latter not so much. Of course MGS is an already popular and beloved franchise which is famous for its complex stories, stealth gameplay and overly long cutscenes rather than its open world. Mad Max had the chance to prove itself of not being another mediocre movie based game and i guess they fucked up.

If the complaints about XCX are true i dont think the reviews will be favorable, for one thing Xenoblade Chronicles is a niche game that pretty much nailed it from top to toe as an open world RPG game and fans are expecting its sequel to be better in pretty much every way especially since Zelda U and Star Fox U have been delayed, and it's unlikely that it will move WiiU sales, hopefully with some good marketing and a great dedicated Nintendo Direct it will at least sell 2 million or else...Things will look very ulgy for Nintendo.

If Xenoblade X fails to get good reputation from critics & fans alike then i think it's over for this franchise.

Around the Network

The people that loved the first xenoblade and played xenoblade chronicles X loved it, and those are the people i listen to the most, because they know what makes xenoblade so good. Other people dont know how to enjoy games :P haha

I have not heard anything about a bad story. I heard it was good.

The world is also similar to the first Xenoblade I've heard so I don't understand how it could be more empty. The first was kinda empty in some places, just like this one will be.

But yes, I am buying the hell out of this game. Already have my special edition pre-ordered.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

The fact that it went from Fantasy to SciFi takes a lot away for me but I still hope it can captivate me somehow.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm struggling to break my pre-order policies for this game.

In no way am I letting the media deflate hype of a game I have seen extended, non-spoiler, gameplay of

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:

In no way am I letting the media deflate hype of a game I have seen extended, non-spoiler, gameplay of

break it, for the sake of xenoblade chronicles being the next big Nintendo franchise

Xenoblade Chronicles' world was empty as well. It just had monsters to kill, the same as Xenoblade Chronicles X.

A world doesn't need to be filled with loads of stuff to do to be great. Sometimes being gorgeous is good enough.

I haven't heard anyone say the story is "bad." I've heard there is a lot of cutscenes (in between a lot of gameplay, of course) and the story isn't the greatest in existence, but that's to be expected. Xenoblade Chronicles didn't have the best story ever either.

And if we remember, the original game didn't have a world filled with stuff. This game's world actually seems to have a bit more going on, and it seems even more seamless. The focus of these games is different than other open world games like The Witcher and MGSV.

In the end, I think XC and XCX will share a lot in common but will also have different flaws, and I think that's okay. I'm still as hyped as ever and I cannot wait for it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

97alexk said:
Dravenet7 said:

break it, for the sake of xenoblade chronicles being the next big Nintendo franchise

I'll probably make a thread if I do, but this is a virtually a life-long policy

Snoorlax said:

Xenoblade Chronicles is the best RPG from last generation and i have really high hopes for Xenoblade X...However...I'm reading some very bad things about the game. The biggest complaint seems to pretty common for open world games nowadays: A huge and beautifull yet boring and empty world with little to non existent plot. There were some more complaints but this one is the most worrysome of them all.

Like, WHAT? A boring and empty world with no good story in a Xenoblade game..? What the hell happened..? Recent games like MGS V and Mad Max share some of these issues but the former has received good press from everybody and their grandmas and the latter not so much. Of course MGS is an already popular and beloved franchise which is famous for its complex stories, stealth gameplay and overly long cutscenes rather than its open world. Mad Max had the chance to prove itself of not being another mediocre movie based game and i guess they fucked up.

I've never head anything of a "boring and empty world" And the story complaints come from the fact that a lot of the story isn't thrown at you. Taking a note from Xenosaga somewhat in that aspect.