By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade X be good? Should we worry??

Tagged games:

Will you buy Xenoblade X?

Fucking Yesss! 157 83.96%

Im not so sure anymore 18 9.63%

Nope. 12 6.42%

Total:187
97alexk said:
Tamron said:

Not that great, really.

Repetive, weak story, boring missions.

a question, did you really like the first xenoblade chronicles? answer truthfully ^^

What does my view of the previous game have to do with the points i made?

A terrible game can have an amazing sequel, an amazing game can have a terrible sequel, your question is pointless.

Around the Network

First of all, Xenoblade is far from the best RPG from last gen. And yes, I have beaten Xenoblade.

Best RPG on Wii no doubt.

Anyway. I'm not worried about it. It should be an amazing game.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
First of all, Xenoblade is far from the best RPG from last gen. And yes, I have beaten Xenoblade.

So... name a better JRPG than Xenoblade from last gen please, you forgot to mention in your post

lonerism said:
ps3-sales! said:

So... name a better JRPG than Xenoblade from last gen please, you forgot to mention in your post

OP did not specifiy it was the best JRPG. He said best RPG. It probably is the best JRPG of last gen. Although personally I thought Ni No Kuni was a much better JRPG. In my opinion Xenoblade is second in JRPG to Ni No Kuni.

The Mass Effect Trilogy, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Witcher 2, and if you count them the Souls Series are all better RPG's than Xenoblade.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

AZWification said:

I'm pretty sure XCX will be a great game just like the original Xenoblade! No need to worry!

true.  XCX may not be on par with XC. but it does to fine.  anyway, nice sig. 2 points below city. :)

Around the Network

The reviews are out in the wild people, the game is good!

Tamron said:
97alexk said:

a question, did you really like the first xenoblade chronicles? answer truthfully ^^

What does my view of the previous game have to do with the points i made?

A terrible game can have an amazing sequel, an amazing game can have a terrible sequel, your question is pointless.

no, thats not what i mean, im just asking what you think of the first game?

ps3-sales! said:
lonerism said:
ps3-sales! said:

OP did not specifiy it was the best JRPG. He said best RPG. It probably is the best JRPG of last gen. Although personally I thought Ni No Kuni was a much better JRPG. In my opinion Xenoblade is second in JRPG to Ni No Kuni.

The Mass Effect Trilogy, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Witcher 2, and if you count them the Souls Series are all better RPG's than Xenoblade.

Skyrim, lol.

You must like buggy and glitchy games with weak combat and ugly overworld.

ps3-sales! said:
lonerism said:
ps3-sales! said:

As a huge TES fan, I wouldn't put Skyrim over Xenoblade.  I put them at tied myself.  Each is strong in areas the other is weak.  Skyrim's open world structure and side content is better, but Xenoblade's story is leaps and bounds better.  Skyrim has more personality to the general populous with a lot more lines and quibs and such to give even minor NPCs some sense of individuality, but Xenoblade has a far better main cast.  And so on.  And given Fallout 3 is weaker in nearly every capacity than Skyrim, I would obviously put that under Xenoblade as well.  Haven't played Witcher 2 or Mass Effect though.

Also @Samus Aran not everyone had constant bugs and glitches, a lot didn't.  I never had any serious bugs.  Of course I played PC.  And as for the over world being uggly, I never found that to be the case at the time.  It was suitably rugged and rough and had a more grim tone.  There was also good artistic execution of the major cities to make it each radically different.  I'm not calling the game graphically impressive, but it was visually well executed IMO.

ps3-sales! said:
lonerism said:
ps3-sales! said:

I disagree on Ni No Kuni being better then Xenoblade or even close to being the best JRPG of the previous generation, though I do agree that that the Mass Effect Trilogy, Fallout 3 and maybe Skyrim (haven't really played that one or Witcher 2) are better products. I don't consider the Souls games to be RPGs, they are closer to adventure games like Zelda or just plain old action games with RPG elements then they are to a legit JRPG.

Granted last generation sucked for JRPGs, with the best ones being The World Ends with You and Dragon Quest IX, I do think among the consoles Xenoblade Chronicles is still the best among consoles with only Resonance of Fate coming close.