By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade X be good? Should we worry??

Tagged games:

Will you buy Xenoblade X?

Fucking Yesss! 157 83.96%

Im not so sure anymore 18 9.63%

Nope. 12 6.42%

Total:187
fatslob-:O said:
Dravenet7 said:

Theree's no way you finished this game. In fact, with what's bolded there's no way you even went past the first few parts of the game.

Do enlighten me, I'm well past through half the game ... 

That's troubling. Unless you ignored an early chunk of the game, or your game is glitched, or you think a very early part of the game is halfway, the energy issue thing wouldn't even be a something you would say, as it is adressed early in the game. Beyond that is spoilers.

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:

That's troubling. Unless you ignored an early chunk of the game, or your game is glitched, or you think a very early part of the game is halfway, the energy issue thing wouldn't even be a something you would say, as it is adressed early in the game. Beyond that is spoilers.

Looking at the wikia, I'm well over halfway through the game ... 

Do you mean the "ether" ? That could easily be classified as a resource derived from "fantasy" rather than an energy source based on real science or science fiction much like how Final Fantasy defines some of it's power source such as crystals, mako, or magic to be within fantasy ... 

The only places that comes close to representing modern science is Alcamoth and Mechonis ... 

Hardly anything in Xenoblade can be classified as science "fiction" ... 

I'm still buying it but there's no way it can live up to my initial expectations, and I'm expecting the story to be ass as that was the general consensus on every review.

And honestly fuck whoever made the decision to switch the protag to a created character fuck you, I'll eat my words if it turns out to be fine.

xeNoblade X
Wake up sheeple!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Dravenet7 said:

Looking at the wikia, I'm well over halfway through the game ... 

Do you mean the "ether" ? That could easily be classified as a resource derived from "fantasy" rather than an energy source based on real science or science fiction much like how Final Fantasy defines some of it's power source such as crystals, mako, or magic to be within fantasy ... 

The only places that comes close to representing modern science is Alcamoth and Mechonis ... 

Hardly anything in Xenoblade can be classified as science "fiction" ... 

Yes I do mean the ether. No it can not be considered a fanatasy energy such as crystals. There's a lot of the game the you may be neglecting in that case, so explaining it would be spoilerish.

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:

Yes I do mean the ether. No it can not be considered a fanatasy energy such as crystals. There's a lot of the game the you may be neglectingin that case, so explaining it would be spoilerish.

"Ether" is hardly explained on a fundamental level by science in that game similarily to some of the power sources in Final Fantasy plus it's pretty well intermixed with another important fantasy aspect of the lore such as the Monado so it's relationship to science is meager for the most part ... 

Dravenet7 said:

Yes I do mean the ether. No it can not be considered a fanatasy energy such as crystals. There's a lot of the game the you may be neglectingin that case, so explaining it would be spoilerish.

"Ether" is hardly explained on a fundamental level by science in that game similarily to some of the power sources in Final Fantasy plus it's pretty well intermixed with another important fantasy aspect of the lore such as the Monado so it's relationship to science is meager for the most part ... 

Look I'm not gonna argue this. You say you're halfway. Finish the game and see for yourself if you can still state that. Another thing to note is that not everything is explained away in the main game

Dravenet7 said:

If you are not finished with the game I strongly advise against pressing the argument.  You are headed towards major, story ruining spoilers :P

vivster said:

The fact that it went from Fantasy to SciFi takes a lot away for me but I still hope it can captivate me somehow.

You think the first one was fantasy? lol :D

I LOVE ICELAND!

My main concern with the game thus far is the music, and the localization.

When I found out that 8-4 was involved, my heart sank.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3