By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade X be good? Should we worry??

Tagged games:

Will you buy Xenoblade X?

Fucking Yesss! 157 83.96%

Im not so sure anymore 18 9.63%

Nope. 12 6.42%

Total:187
noname2200 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
 I prefer a more fanasy setting over sci-fi.

Is this one really any more sci-fi? The original opened with a human army armed with mechs and assault rifles battling against an army of robots, then went on to heavily feature such things as cyborgs, DNA scanning, and highly advanced AI's. Aside from ether, which was often treated like gas anyways, there wasn't too much fantasy elements that I can recall.

I was gonna pretty much say this, but I decided not to because I was thinking of of spoiler examples

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Is this one really any more sci-fi? The original opened with a human army armed with mechs and assault rifles battling against an army of robots, then went on to heavily feature such things as cyborgs, DNA scanning, and highly advanced AI's. Aside from ether, which was often treated like gas anyways, there wasn't too much fantasy elements that I can recall.

Considering the technological background background behind both games, I'd say X is far more advanced than Xenoblade ...

They have spacecrafts that can move faster than the speed of light and can revive complex cryogenically frozen organisms like humans whereas most of the things you mentioned in Xenoblade should be achievable with modern science ...

fatslob-:O said:
noname2200 said:

Considering the technological background background behind both games, I'd say X is far more advanced than Xenoblade ...

They have spacecrafts that can move faster than the speed of light and can revive complex cryogenically frozen organisms like humans whereas most of the things you mentioned in Xenoblade should be achievable with modern science ...

Those things don't make X "more" sci-fi than fantasy though, they just mean the science in X is more advanced. The original Star Trek series is no more or less sci-fi than Deep Space Nine, for example, notwithstanding replicators, holorooms, faster warp drives, and other technomagic.

noname2200 said:

Those things don't make X "more" sci-fi than fantasy though, they just mean the science in X is more advanced. The original Star Trek series is no more or less sci-fi than Deep Space Nine, for example, notwithstanding replicators, holorooms, faster warp drives, and other technomagic.

The definition of "science fiction" is imaginitive content of science ... 

Does Xenoblade feature anything that moves faster than the speed of light ? No, since it obeys our current understanding of modern science so it is very far away from fiction on a physical perspective. X on the otherhand having spacecrafts that travel faster than the speed of light is flat out "fiction" ... 

Is it possible to revive a full cryogenically frozen body without extensive damage ? No, that type of medical science in X is currently a "fiction" ... 

The only content in Xenoblade that you could classify as "science fiction" are the giant mechs been structurally sustainable without energy issues ...

X is certainly more advanced but Xenoblade hardly ever borders on "science fiction" ... 

97alexk said:

The people that loved the first xenoblade and played xenoblade chronicles X loved it, and those are the people i listen to the most, because they know what makes xenoblade so good. Other people dont know how to enjoy games :P haha

I believe thats called confirmation bias.

Around the Network
Tamron said:
97alexk said:

The people that loved the first xenoblade and played xenoblade chronicles X loved it, and those are the people i listen to the most, because they know what makes xenoblade so good. Other people dont know how to enjoy games :P haha

I believe thats called confirmation bias.

You have played the game, what is your opinion about it? Should we worry?

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That joke of web... I remember that the author said he was playing 60 hours without understanding the language and it was so boring.... so boring that the gameplay alone keep him playing for 60 hours lol.

In contrast we also have the Dual Shocker review (that btw, they count on meta, not as kotaku) and they gave it a 9.5/10

When did that happen? Last i checked DS weren't on metacritic either.

Ups! You are right, I was sure they were there, they are way more relevant than a lot of sites in meta and they give scores, so I thought it was a given that they were on meta, I was wrong.

noname2200 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
 I prefer a more fanasy setting over sci-fi.

Yeah, the new one seems a little more sci-fi in style, absolutely.  Mechs, recolonization on a new planet, earth replicated city, lots of guns. Xenoblade 1 had sci fi elements too, of course, but less so. And the initial setting had a much heavier fantasy feel, with a world on living titans, a magic Sword, ancient angel creatures, etc.

It's not unlike FF.  The old games had lots of tech, but it was typically ancient secrets discovered as the game progressed. The modern games just jump straight to a futuristic setting. Xeno is the same way. The original gave the pretence of fantastical but slowly revealed technical.  But the new game seems to jump right in to space action.  I like the old style in my JRPGs, but can enjoy the more techie feel too.

fatslob-:O said:
noname2200 said:

The definition of "science fiction" is imaginitive content of science ... 

Does Xenoblade feature anything that moves faster than the speed of light ? No, since it obeys our current understanding of modern science so it is very far away from fiction on a physical perspective. X on the otherhand having spacecrafts that travel faster than the speed of light is flat out "fiction" ... 

Is it possible to revive a full cryogenically frozen body without extensive damage ? No, that type of medical science in X is currently a "fiction" ... 

The only content in Xenoblade that you could classify as "science fiction" are the giant mechs been structurally sustainable without energy issues ...

X is certainly more advanced but Xenoblade hardly ever borders on "science fiction" ... 

Theree's no way you finished this game. In fact, with what's bolded there's no way you even went past the first few parts of the game.

Dravenet7 said:

Theree's no way you finished this game. In fact, with what's bolded there's no way you even went past the first few parts of the game.

Do enlighten me, I'm well past through half the game ...