By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony can't just let God Of War die and move on?

ps3-sales! said:
DerNebel said:

Wowowowowoah let's step from the gas here please, God of War is milked, seriously.

Yes it has only 3 mainline titles, but it also has 2 handheld titles and a PS3 spinoff, as well as 2 HD Collections on PS3, 1 on Vita and a remaster containing only GoW3.

Sure it might not have as many titles as CoD or AC, but it does compared to its own amount of mainline games have more titles that can classified as cheap cash-ins.

I 100% disagree. 

3 mainline titles since 2005. That's 10 years dood. 

2 handheld original titles that were actually good and also years apart. 

Ps3 spinoff I'm assuming is Ascension? That one was decent. Only mediocre game in franchise. 

You can't include collections if you're trying to convince people that a franchise is milked. They are the same games. It doesn't matter either way. Not very good argument. 

That makes utterly no sense.

So spending, what hundreds of millions to get a new game out every year is considered milking, but cheaply uprezzing your old games and reselling them time and time again is not? You've got to be kidding me.

Around the Network

Would you guys go for a Judeo-Christian God of War Methos?

DerNebel said:
ps3-sales! said:

I 100% disagree. 

Ps3 spinoff I'm assuming is Ascension? That one was decent. Only mediocre game in franchise. 

You can't include collections if you're trying to convince people that a franchise is milked. They are the same games. It doesn't matter either way. Not very good argument. 

That makes utterly no sense.

So spending, what hundreds of millions to get a new game out every year is considered milking, but cheaply uprezzing your old games and reselling them time and time again is not? You've got to be kidding me.

They were releasing mostly Ps2 games for a new console in the Ps3. Don't understand the part that you don't understand. 

It's not like they made GOW/GOW2 remasted for PS2. Or GOW3 remastered for Ps3. That'd be stupid. 

The included the original Ps2 games and I believe the PSP games with the PS3 collection.  Which honestly is a great deal to those who didn't own the other systems. I understand what you are trying to convey; but you're wrong. Lol. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
DerNebel said:

Wowowowowoah let's step from the gas here please, God of War is milked, seriously.

Yes it has only 3 mainline titles, but it also has 2 handheld titles and a PS3 spinoff, as well as 2 HD Collections on PS3, 1 on Vita and a remaster containing only GoW3.

Sure it might not have as many titles as CoD or AC, but it does compared to its own amount of mainline games have more titles that can classified as cheap cash-ins.

I 100% disagree. 

It's nice that you want to cherry pick and say 7 of the ten titles released in the past decade don't count.

Just don't trick yourself into thinking everyone else will drink the same kool aid.

Teeqoz said:

Who has said the next God of War needs to have Kratos as the main character? Who has said the main character has to kill Olympian gods?

So far, Sony says.

Really getting sick of these kinds of threads.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:

News about a PS4 God of War? I don't know if they have announced one recently. Let me check Phil Spencers twitter just in case.

He'll say he expects a GOW4 game to be announced at the Paris Week to try and slow sales of GOW3.

The PS5 Exists. 

kurasakiichimaru said:
Qwark said:

They are already developing one and announced it on psx, expect more info on psx 2015.

That's obviously not sarcasm. Lol

I was not being sarcastic i really want a GOW game and that will make m,e get a ps4 wih other games like uncharted and horizon.

We don't even know what GOW4 is going to be.

ps3-sales! said:

They were releasing mostly Ps2 games for a new console in the Ps3. Don't understand the part that you don't understand. 

It's not like they made GOW/GOW2 remasted for PS2. Or GOW3 remastered for Ps3. That'd be stupid. 

The included the original Ps2 games and I believe the PSP games with the PS3 collection.  Which honestly is a great deal to those who didn't own the other systems. I understand what you are trying to convey; but you're wrong. Lol. 

I'm certainly not wrong, your whole logic is just twisted. So now the fact that the remasters were on new systems means that it wasn't milking? How does that work?

They included the PS2 games in one collection and the PSP games in another collection on PS3, then sometime later they released a collection of all 5 games to that point on PS3. They then released the PS2 games (yes, only the PS2 games) in another collection on Vita. Lastly they released an HD remaster for just GoW 3 on PS4.

There is no definition that says "milking is releasing a new game in your series every year", milking is about getting money fast and that is what Sony has been doing with those GoW remasters and HD collections.

And why? If you don't like it, you can pretend the sequals don't exist. Its not like they are annualising and milking it in your face.