By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony can't just let God Of War die and move on?

Because Santa Monica is a one trick pony and you can't ask them to stop making the only game they know how to make.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

I'm certainly not wrong, your whole logic is just twisted. So now the fact that the remasters were on new systems means that it wasn't milking? How does that work?

They included the PS2 games in one collection and the PSP games in another collection on PS3, then sometime later they released a collection of all 5 games to that point on PS3. They then released the PS2 games (yes, only the PS2 games) in another collection on Vita. Lastly they released an HD remaster for just GoW 3 on PS4.

There is no definition that says "milking is releasing a new game in your series every year", milking is about getting money fast and that is what Sony has been doing with those GoW remasters and HD collections.

If anything the constant re-releases are worse: they're not even charging for original content, they're just making older games a bit more shiny.

God Of War is called God Of War for a reason, its not called Greek God Of War or Kratos, so it doesn't need to follow the story of either. A new protagonist and mythology is more likely than Kratos reappearing in God Of War IV.

LurkerJ said:
Because Santa Monica is a one trick pony and you can't ask them to stop making the only game they know how to make.

So, making baseless assumptions, aren't we?

Anyway, why complain about GOW ? THose who want to stop just have to buy other games and let those who want to play those games play them.

It's not like if Sony hadnt a big amount of studios all making new exclusives + all 3rd party exclusives, i would understand that complaint if they had very few exclusives, but that's not the case

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

It's not over until he killed Chuck Norris

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Aerys said:
Anyway, why complain about GOW ? THose who want to stop just have to buy other games and let those who want to play those games play them.

It's not like if Sony hadnt a big amount of studios all making new exclusives + all 3rd party exclusives, i would understand that complaint if they had very few exclusives, but that's not the case

Besides God Of War games have been highly rated and very consistent in their quality. So it would make no sense to stop the series.

RPG god of war it's my dream then can RIP .anybody share the same dream as I💤💤💤💭

Mayan God of War please! If people have burn out...may I recommend Teraway.

Protendo said:
Mayan God of War please! If people have burn out...may I recommend Teraway.

Woah noooooooo Egyptian and Norse would be way better.

And what does Tearaway even have to do with GOW?