By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony can't just let God Of War die and move on?

DerNebel said:
Place your bets guys! Whose alt is Chief? Is it Flamingweazel? Yukanasenix? Somebody else? What an exciting mystery.

So since I don't agree with your bs, I'm an alt? You are even worse than one.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
noname2200 said:
Teeqoz said:

Who has said the next God of War needs to have Kratos as the main character? Who has said the main character has to kill Olympian gods?

So far, Sony says.

When did they say that?

When they released two games post-III that retained the same same characters, motifs, etc.

kurasakiichimaru said:
I want an Egyptian, Norse and Japanese God of Wars. Thank you for your opinion.

Nioh? Its japanese mythology at its purest.

Qwark said:
jason1637 said:

If they dont make one i might reconsider getting a ps4 next year.

They are already developing one and announced it on psx, expect more info on psx 2015.

I doubt it. Soonest E3 2016. There is definitely no "God of War" game coming out before holiday 2017.

Hunting Season is done...

They can make a fun offshoot where it's a new protagonist, mythology and story. Norse mythology, new protagonist who is betrayed by Odin or a former god. However the reason it would still be God of War with the same great combat, epic boss battles that end in quicktime, and gory takedowns as well as enemy variety and gradual RPG elements.

I am Iron Man

Because it sells well and makes them $$$$.

Around the Network

Even though I've never cared for the series, I have never felt as though it was milked. We don't see yearly entries with little to no improvements like we do with the Madden, NBA 2K, COD, Assassin's Creed, ect... series.

JustThatGamer said:

There's nothing worse than entitled gamers exclaiming that certain franchises should die, get over yourselves, if there's millions of fans begging for more and the quality stays consistently good then what's the problem? Look elsewhere for new IP.

God of War's universe is so open, it could continue in so many directions. I hope they introduce Egyptian mythology if only because of this amazing fan art...

Yeah, it's really kind of strange when you think about it.  There's a very real problem with society (At least, as an American, I can say it's a problem with American's, I won't speak for the rest of the world) these days, thinking that every game that comes out must cater to everyone.  Who the fuck cares?  There's thousands of games released every year, do you play every single one?  No.  Of course not.  Just play what you like, and ignore what you don't.

He only killed the Greek gods.

Their probably goanna assassins creed it and have Kratos off the gods of all the other cultures Egyptian, Norse etc.

GoW is fine, keep em coming

noname2200 said:
Teeqoz said:
noname2200 said:
Teeqoz said:

Who has said the next God of War needs to have Kratos as the main character? Who has said the main character has to kill Olympian gods?

So far, Sony says.

When did they say that?

When they released two games post-III that retained the same same characters, motifs, etc.

Those two games are set before GoW 3 in the timeline. Besides, I said "next God of War", not "previous God of Wars".