By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony can't just let God Of War die and move on?

thenaylor said:
GOW in a roman setting would be amazing. New gods and new setting

That's a bad idea to have it in a Roman setting. It's exactly like their Greek counterpart with the names switched around. It needs to be completely different.

Me personally, I would love for Kratos to stay. There are WAY too many game characters that have been around for years and their popularity hasn't dwindled. Let Kratos live. Mario lives.....Sonic lives....Master Chief lives, etc..etc!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

For the same reason every other franchise keeps churning out releases. Since you seem confused i'll underline it.
If it sells it makes money, making money is the publishers goal, ergo, keep releasing and keep making money.

Tamron said:
For the same reason every other franchise keeps churning out releases. Since you seem confused i'll underline it.
If it sells it makes money, making money is the publishers goal, ergo, keep releasing and keep making money.

But wasn't the game initally written with a kind of finite story? I mean, if you finish the story, what else is there to do?

As long as there is no Kratos around i am ok with more.

Because they're making money off of it.

/topic

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

/topic

I'm also sure an 8th Harry Potter book would make tons of money from the book itself and the upcoming movie. But they just don't do that, because Harry Potter had a closing, just like God of War 3 closed the story.

invetedlotus123 said:
JWeinCom said:

/topic

I'm also sure an 8th Harry Potter book would make tons of money from the book itself and the upcoming movie. But they just don't do that, because Harry Potter had a closing, just like God of War 3 closed the story.

Doesn't mean Kratos's story is finish though. GOW can continue...even if it's with another protagonist. I'm surprised at some of the responses I'm hearing in this thread regarding Kratos.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

invetedlotus123 said:
JWeinCom said:

/topic

Not every person or company in the world is dead set on making money as the be all end all.  The Harry Potter situation is a bit different, because it's very dependent on one person.  If JK Rowling wasn't necessary, you can bet they'd make another one in a second.  Rowling has all the money she'll ever need, but even she's said that she'd possibly write another one for charity.  Plus, there are already spin off books, and 2 spin off movies on the way.

But the topic was asking specifically about the Sony situation.  And the reasoning is simple.  They make money.  When they stop making money, the series will end.  Until nostalgia sets in and they could make more money.

ThePerturbedKitty said:
Tamron said:

But wasn't the game initally written with a kind of finite story? I mean, if you finish the story, what else is there to do?

Extend it and make money, or remaster previous versions and make money?

But you know what else has a finite story? Alt accounts and ban dodging. Your story ends here rubber.