By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony can't just let God Of War die and move on?

jason1637 said:
ps3-sales! said:
Are you serious?

Of all franchises you wish to die, you choose God of War?

Not yearly franchises like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, or Madden?

I disagree. God of War is far from milked. You could argue that every main numbered release has been better than the last.

If God of War 4 came out I'd buy it.

Well Cod cant die it has a very competitive scene, Creed cant die, and Madden cant die because theyt need to update the roosters and all of that.

Derp. 

On a serious note, obviously none of those are going to die. But OP picks a critically acclaimed series that only has 3 main games in it since 2005 vs the obvious milked franchies. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

I think they should take a break from releasing God Of War games but I don't think that it would be wise to stop the whole series.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

jason1637 said:

If they dont make one i might reconsider getting a ps4 next year.

They are already developing one and announced it on psx, expect more info on psx 2015.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
jason1637 said:

If they dont make one i might reconsider getting a ps4 next year.

They are already developing one and announced it on psx, expect more info on psx 2015.

That's obviously not sarcasm. Lol

ps3-sales! said:
jason1637 said:

Well Cod cant die it has a very competitive scene, Creed cant die, and Madden cant die because theyt need to update the roosters and all of that.

Derp. 

On a serious note, obviously none of those are going to die. But OP picks a critically acclaimed series that only has 3 main games in it since 2005 vs the obvious milked franchies. 

4 main games accension does count and wad quite good with the elements. The series must live on simply because it is the best hack amd slasher but kratos doesn't have to be in it.

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:
Qwark said:

That's obviously not sarcasm. Lol

Why it could be his favourite Playstation franchise, given hè has an Xone why would hè buy a PS4 if hè doesn't care about Uncharted and Horizon. And his favourite franchise isn't coming to PS4

ps3-sales! said:

Derp. 

Wowowowowoah let's step from the gas here please, God of War is milked, seriously.

Yes it has only 3 mainline titles, but it also has 2 handheld titles and a PS3 spinoff, as well as 2 HD Collections on PS3, 1 on Vita and a remaster containing only GoW3.

Sure it might not have as many titles as CoD or AC, but it does compared to its own amount of mainline games have more titles that can classified as cheap cash-ins.

DerNebel said:
ps3-sales! said:

Derp. 

Wowowowowoah let's step from the gas here please, God of War is milked, seriously.

Yes it has only 3 mainline titles, but it also has 2 handheld titles and a PS3 spinoff, as well as 2 HD Collections on PS3, 1 on Vita and a remaster containing only GoW3.

Sure it might not have as many titles as CoD or AC, but it does compared to its own amount of mainline games have more titles that can classified as cheap cash-ins.

I 100% disagree. 

3 mainline titles since 2005. That's 10 years dood. 

2 handheld original titles that were actually good and also years apart. 

Ps3 spinoff I'm assuming is Ascension? That one was decent. Only mediocre game in franchise. 

You can't include collections if you're trying to convince people that a franchise is milked. They are the same games. It doesn't matter either way. Not very good argument. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

kurasakiichimaru said:
I want an Egyptian, Norse and Japanese God of Wars. Thank you for your opinion.

Yep, pretty much this.  Kratos' story may not necessarily need to continue, but there's absolutely room for additional stories in the franchise w/ a whole new cast.

The God of War series isn't really that overused, there are way more tired series. Also, if people get tired of the Kratos universe, they could always try a new character and a new pantheon. Imagine how bloody could be if they made an aztec God of War.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.