By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony can't just let God Of War die and move on?

Have you got news of a PS4 GOW game? If not, this is pretty odd timing and a weird belated reaction to GOW3.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Are you serious?

Of all franchises you wish to die, you choose God of War?

Not yearly franchises like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, or Madden?

I disagree. God of War is far from milked. You could argue that every main numbered release has been better than the last.

If God of War 4 came out I'd buy it.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Used to feel that way about Tomb Raider and Tony Hawk. Now I'm looking forward to them. As long as the games are good and not "phoned in", I say keep 'em coming.

GribbleGrunger said:
Have you got news of a PS4 GOW game? If not, this is pretty odd timing and a weird belated reaction to GOW3.

News about a PS4 God of War? I don't know if they have announced one recently. Let me check Phil Spencers twitter just in case.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

invetedlotus123 said:
Colocho said:
But that can be said about all franchises... why cant Ubisoft let Assassins Creed die? Why cant Activision let CD die? Why cant MS let Gears or Halo die? Why cant Nintendo le Mario die??? The truth is, people still want and buy those games. If people didnt want them, they would not buy thm and the companies would stop makin thm.

Well, Mario don't have plot development, can't say about Halo because I never played, but for assassins Creed I say the same, the entire idea of Desmond going to the past was to develop his capabilities so he could use them in present day, I stopped at revelations and don't know the status of the series now, but it looks they are going to the past.

For GoW, well, Kratos had a goal, to forget his bad memories, he didn't get that and his second goal was to get revenge from the Olympus gods, and he did. Now, what goal is left for him? It's really different when you have a game with such a limited goal and its reached, and that is so narrative driven. Anything they make to make the plot goes forward will be forced.

Other series that need a reboot or just is Resident Evil, 6 was just ridiculous.

Who has said the next God of War needs to have Kratos as the main character? Who has said the main character has to kill Olympian gods? Why can't they just start a new God of War in a new mythology?

Around the Network

If they dont make one i might reconsider getting a ps4 next year.

For the same reason Ms doesnt less Halo go

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ps3-sales! said:
Are you serious?

Of all franchises you wish to die, you choose God of War?

Not yearly franchises like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, or Madden?

I disagree. God of War is far from milked. You could argue that every main numbered release has been better than the last.

If God of War 4 came out I'd buy it.

Well Cod cant die it has a very competitive scene, Creed cant die, and Madden cant die because theyt need to update the roosters and all of that.

They're a business, and unless Sony Santa Monica has an idea they can truly sell on fans then they're leaving millions of dollars on the table. God of War is a high profile series that sells pretty well.

Because SSM fucked up their chance at a new franchise.