By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Splatoon sell more than FFXV in Japan?

Can it happen?

Yeah. 252 32.43%

Maybe. 169 21.75%

Nope. 356 45.82%

Total:777
DerNebel said:

Not sure if I'll be on this site long enough to even see the outcome of this but sure whatever.

Done.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy XV will be the biggest game for PS4 in Japan and will easily beat Splatoon.
Final Fantasy will sell 1.5M+.
Splatoon will sell 1.2M maximum.

Dr.Vita said:
Final Fantasy XV will be the biggest game for PS4 in Japan and will easily beat Splatoon.

Dragon Quest XI? 

sc94597 said:
Dr.Vita said:

Dragon Quest XI? 

Dragon Quest XI > Final Fantasy XV
But on PS4 Final Fantasy XV will be bigger because it is exclusive. Dragon Quest XI is not exclusive.

It's possible, but I think FFXV will sell more in the long run. This is Final Fantasy we're talking about after all! Even FFXIII managed to sell 2 million in Japan.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

No

Dr.Vita said:
Final Fantasy will sell 1.5M+.
Splatoon will sell 1.2M maximum.

How the hell you can say 1.2 million is the maximum!? 1.2 million is at least the minimum.

And if you say 1.2 million is the MAXIMUM, you probabily predict less. What is your prediction? 1 million in the intere life cicle? Splatoon will sell nearly 1 million only this year.

depends on the release of FF15. it it would be released this year, the ps4 installed hw base is still small in japan, so splatoon could sell more overall.

Dr.Vita said:
sc94597 said:

Dragon Quest XI? 

Dragon Quest XI > Final Fantasy XV
But on PS4 Final Fantasy XV will be bigger because it is exclusive. Dragon Quest XI is not exclusive.

Hey now, technically FFXV isn't exclusive either. :D

Also I wouldn't becessarily count out DQXI either, it will definitely sell more on 3DS that much is clear, but I can see that title produce a lot of double dippers with how different both version seem to be.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:
I'm not sure FFXV will sell over 1.5m but I'm pretty sure Splatoon won't so unless FFXV underperforms greatly, which it could, I don't think that's going to happen. FFXV's performance depends a lot on when it comes out (before/after Kingdom Hearts III, FFVII, DQXI, etc.).

I agree about FFXV at 1.5 million, but Splatoon? I mean... of course will. Splatoon will sell nearly 1 million only this year. then, will easy sell other 500k in 2016 / 2017.

Hmm I'm not sure you realize that the Wii U will barely sell above 3m in Japan especially if the NX comes out in 2016. You're expecting an attach rate of over 50%? I don't think that's ever happened for a non-bundled game in Japan. Unless you expect it to be mass-bundled? I think Splatoon will sell just above 1m and will die down from there.