By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Splatoon sell more than FFXV in Japan?

Can it happen?

Yeah. 252 32.43%

Maybe. 169 21.75%

Nope. 356 45.82%

Total:777
Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:
I'm not sure FFXV will sell over 1.5m but I'm pretty sure Splatoon won't so unless FFXV underperforms greatly, which it could, I don't think that's going to happen. FFXV's performance depends a lot on when it comes out (before/after Kingdom Hearts III, FFVII, DQXI, etc.).

I agree about FFXV at 1.5 million, but Splatoon? I mean... of course will. Splatoon will sell nearly 1 million only this year. then, will easy sell other 500k in 2016 / 2017.

Hmm I'm not sure you realize that the Wii U will barely sell above 3m in Japan especially if the NX comes out in 2016. You're expecting an attach rate of over 50%? I don't think that's ever happened for a non-bundled game in Japan. Unless you expect it to be mass-bundled? I think Splatoon will sell just above 1m and will die down from there.

Yes, is happen with Mario Kart and considering the Splatoon performance i don't see why not.

Mario Kart 8 has 85% attach rate in France. That said, i think Wii U will do over 3.5 million in Japan, so, 40-45 % attach rate for be correct.

Now many of you will say that Mario Kart is Mario Kart, but that's not really matter, because i mean, we already see how Splatoon is selling, and is closing the gap with Mario Kart weeks after weeks, now is currently at 95k under Mario Kart ( and one time the gap was 185k).

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:
I'm not sure FFXV will sell over 1.5m but I'm pretty sure Splatoon won't so unless FFXV underperforms greatly, which it could, I don't think that's going to happen. FFXV's performance depends a lot on when it comes out (before/after Kingdom Hearts III, FFVII, DQXI, etc.).

I agree about FFXV at 1.5 million, but Splatoon? I mean... of course will. Splatoon will sell nearly 1 million only this year. then, will easy sell other 500k in 2016 / 2017.

Hmm I'm not sure you realize that the Wii U will barely sell above 3m in Japan especially if the NX comes out in 2016. You're expecting an attach rate of over 50%? I don't think that's ever happened for a non-bundled game in Japan. Unless you expect it to be mass-bundled? I think Splatoon will sell just above 1m and will die down from there.

Yes, is happen with Mario Kart and considering the Splatoon performance i don't see why not.

Mario Kart 8 has 85% attach rate in France. That said, i think Wii U will do over 3.5 million in Japan, so, 40-45 % attach rate for be correct.

Now many of you will say that Mario Kart is Mario Kart, but that's not really matter, because i mean, we already see how Splatoon is selling, and is closing the gap with Mario Kart weeks after weeks, now is currently at 95k under Mario Kart ( and one time the gap was 185k).

Mario Kart never reached such high attach rate (except on the N64 but it was bundled with the N64 controller).

Mario Kart 8 was mass-bundled in France and still is. I don't think that's a good comparison.

I think summer vacations have been very profitable for Splatoon and so will Obon but after that it should slow down until the holidays.

Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Mario Kart never reached such high attach rate (except on the N64 but it was bundled with the N64 controller).

Mario Kart 8 was mass-bundled in France and still is. I don't think that's a good comparison.

I think summer vacations have been very profitable for Splatoon and so will Obon but after that it should slow down until the holidays.

Here my Splatoon prediction:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7416890

I overestimate the sales for the firsts week, but recently is selling better than i expect... next week >30k are very likely, and will be around the same of what i predicted. Then, we will se...

By the time Final Fantasy XV releases we already would be playing Splatoon 3

I want to say no. FF is a giant franchise, FFXV will be considered one of the best and will sell very well. Like others have said, it's been 6 years since the last main entry, 7 once it releases. The PS4 is also gonna have quite a big userbase by then. It's just logical to say FF will win...

But I also said it's logical for Splatoon to just do decently and not reach 500k in Japan alone.

I'll say FFXV > Splatoon only because PS4 >>>> Wii U. That might be an exaggeration, but that's what I think.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
I want to say no. FF is a giant franchise, FFXV will be considered one of the best and will sell very well. Like others have said, it's been 6 years since the last main entry, 7 once it releases. The PS4 is also gonna have quite a big userbase by then. It's just logical to say FF will win...

But I also said it's logical for Splatoon to just do decently and not reach 500k in Japan alone.

I'll say FFXV > Splatoon only because PS4 >>>> Wii U. That might be an exaggeration, but that's what I think.

PS4 lifetime sales are going to be close to 6 million. That's not a big userbase. Seriusly guys, forget 10 million or even close to this...

Each FF main game sold more in one week than splatoon will do in 1 year. So practically my answer is no.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I think splatoon 1.2 million

FF15 500k

DQ11 1.2/1.3 k in ps4 and 2.5 in 3ds.

FF 13-2 and 13-3 are a big flop in japan, ff is different now. We are not in 1997 or 2007!!

Ka-pi96 said:
leyendax69 said:

Splatoon it's been selling pretty good for many weeks so wouldn't be surprising if can top 1 million. Now unless FF is uterly shit I don't see it doing less than 1.5m, even 13 sold almost 2M and that's on a console without kingdom hearts and dragon quest.

On the other hand if it releases on this new nintendo console, who knows? maybe hurts its sales on ps4 and splatoon wins? it would be fun xD

I don't think the OP actually asks if it could sell more than the PS4 version alone, just FFXV in general. In which case if it did come to Nintendo's new console as well it should theoretically sell more than if it was PS4 exclusive giving FFXV an advantage.

In that case wouldn't be a little unfair for splatoon though? Even if it released on the NX the comparison/prediction should be ps4 vs wii u only since both have similar consoles sold in japan. Actually FF already had an advantage so adding more to the equation...

nickohh said:
I think splatoon 1.2 million

FF15 500k

DQ11 1.2/1.3 k in ps4 and 2.5 in 3ds.

FF 13-2 and 13-3 are a big flop in japan, ff is different now. We are not in 1997 or 2007!!

500k, are you serious? lol