By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Splatoon sell more than FFXV in Japan?

Can it happen?

Yeah. 252 32.43%

Maybe. 169 21.75%

Nope. 356 45.82%

Total:777
Dr.Vita said:
Final Fantasy XV will be the biggest game for PS4 in Japan and will easily beat Splatoon.
Final Fantasy will sell 1.5M+.
Splatoon will sell 1.2M maximum.

How the hell you can say 1.2 million is the maximum!? 1.2 million is at least the minimum.

And if you say 1.2 million is the MAXIMUM, you probabily predict less. What is your prediction? 1 million in the intere life cicle? Splatoon will sell nearly 1 million only this year.

Around the Network

depends on the release of FF15. it it would be released this year, the ps4 installed hw base is still small in japan, so splatoon could sell more overall.

Dr.Vita said:
sc94597 said:

Dragon Quest XI? 

Dragon Quest XI > Final Fantasy XV
But on PS4 Final Fantasy XV will be bigger because it is exclusive. Dragon Quest XI is not exclusive.

Hey now, technically FFXV isn't exclusive either. :D

Also I wouldn't becessarily count out DQXI either, it will definitely sell more on 3DS that much is clear, but I can see that title produce a lot of double dippers with how different both version seem to be.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:
I'm not sure FFXV will sell over 1.5m but I'm pretty sure Splatoon won't so unless FFXV underperforms greatly, which it could, I don't think that's going to happen. FFXV's performance depends a lot on when it comes out (before/after Kingdom Hearts III, FFVII, DQXI, etc.).

I agree about FFXV at 1.5 million, but Splatoon? I mean... of course will. Splatoon will sell nearly 1 million only this year. then, will easy sell other 500k in 2016 / 2017.

Hmm I'm not sure you realize that the Wii U will barely sell above 3m in Japan especially if the NX comes out in 2016. You're expecting an attach rate of over 50%? I don't think that's ever happened for a non-bundled game in Japan. Unless you expect it to be mass-bundled? I think Splatoon will sell just above 1m and will die down from there.

Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:
I'm not sure FFXV will sell over 1.5m but I'm pretty sure Splatoon won't so unless FFXV underperforms greatly, which it could, I don't think that's going to happen. FFXV's performance depends a lot on when it comes out (before/after Kingdom Hearts III, FFVII, DQXI, etc.).

I agree about FFXV at 1.5 million, but Splatoon? I mean... of course will. Splatoon will sell nearly 1 million only this year. then, will easy sell other 500k in 2016 / 2017.

Hmm I'm not sure you realize that the Wii U will barely sell above 3m in Japan especially if the NX comes out in 2016. You're expecting an attach rate of over 50%? I don't think that's ever happened for a non-bundled game in Japan. Unless you expect it to be mass-bundled? I think Splatoon will sell just above 1m and will die down from there.

Yes, is happen with Mario Kart and considering the Splatoon performance i don't see why not.

Mario Kart 8 has 85% attach rate in France. That said, i think Wii U will do over 3.5 million in Japan, so, 40-45 % attach rate for be correct.

Now many of you will say that Mario Kart is Mario Kart, but that's not really matter, because i mean, we already see how Splatoon is selling, and is closing the gap with Mario Kart weeks after weeks, now is currently at 95k under Mario Kart ( and one time the gap was 185k).

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:

Yes, is happen with Mario Kart and considering the Splatoon performance i don't see why not.

Mario Kart 8 has 85% attach rate in France. That said, i think Wii U will do over 3.5 million in Japan, so, 40-45 % attach rate for be correct.

Now many of you will say that Mario Kart is Mario Kart, but that's not really matter, because i mean, we already see how Splatoon is selling, and is closing the gap with Mario Kart weeks after weeks, now is currently at 95k under Mario Kart ( and one time the gap was 185k).

Mario Kart never reached such high attach rate (except on the N64 but it was bundled with the N64 controller).

Mario Kart 8 was mass-bundled in France and still is. I don't think that's a good comparison.

I think summer vacations have been very profitable for Splatoon and so will Obon but after that it should slow down until the holidays.

Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Mario Kart never reached such high attach rate (except on the N64 but it was bundled with the N64 controller).

Mario Kart 8 was mass-bundled in France and still is. I don't think that's a good comparison.

I think summer vacations have been very profitable for Splatoon and so will Obon but after that it should slow down until the holidays.

Here my Splatoon prediction:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7416890

I overestimate the sales for the firsts week, but recently is selling better than i expect... next week >30k are very likely, and will be around the same of what i predicted. Then, we will se...

By the time Final Fantasy XV releases we already would be playing Splatoon 3

ARamdomGamer said:
By the time Final Fantasy XV releases we already would be playing Splatoon 3

hehe, it would be funny if it wasn't true

I want to say no. FF is a giant franchise, FFXV will be considered one of the best and will sell very well. Like others have said, it's been 6 years since the last main entry, 7 once it releases. The PS4 is also gonna have quite a big userbase by then. It's just logical to say FF will win...

But I also said it's logical for Splatoon to just do decently and not reach 500k in Japan alone.

I'll say FFXV > Splatoon only because PS4 >>>> Wii U. That might be an exaggeration, but that's what I think.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988