By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Splatoon sell more than FFXV in Japan?

Can it happen?

Yeah. 252 32.43%

Maybe. 169 21.75%

Nope. 356 45.82%

Total:777
Lawlight said:
Depends - will SE spend as many millions as Nintendo to market Splatoon? Actually, doesn't matter - FFXV will sell more.

Everytime you bring up Splatoon you mention marketing, seeming like thats the only factor, and we know the market budget for the game. Its alot less thanyou make it out to be.

That said its funny, no mattr how you look at it, marketing or not Splatoon is unbelievably one of the most successful franchises and to even compare it to FF just goes to show everyone how crazy it is..... that and its a new ip on a horrible userbase console...

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Before Splatoon's release this question would have been crazy. While I still think Final Fantasy XV will beat Splatoon, I don't won't be taking any bets against Splatoon.

This is what many should be keeping in mind. Good Post!!!

No!!! Please no. Don't stop guys, don't stop. Continue to underestimate Splatoon. I love when The people eat crow. <3

This necrobumb will be EPIC!!!!!!

Also, where Are People that predict less Sales than The Order? time to bumb This Thread.

I doubt it: it's freaking Final Fantasy. Regardless, Splatoon doing well and that makes me happy.

Versus_Evil said:
Geez, what's next "can splatoon become bigger than Jesus"

@Op, I'm going to say no.

Well Splatoon beating every new expectation, its only natural lol!!!

Dr.Vita said:
Final Fantasy XV will be the biggest game for PS4 in Japan and will easily beat Splatoon.
Final Fantasy will sell 1.5M+.
Splatoon will sell 1.2M maximum.

Your becoming the michael pachter for splatoon :o, 900k minimum by end of year, if it has a holiday bundle then its 1mil minimum. Your 1.2mil maximum is a bit silly to say..... because of it being MAXIMUM :P

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Each FF main game sold more in one week than splatoon will do in 1 year. So practically my answer is no.

But splatoon week 3 and the rest of weeks lifetime will be over FF, so yes :0

the_dark_lewd said:
Never happening. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter. They ARE Japan.

Splatoon is currently Japan. Just imagine if it were on 3DS. Splatoon 3DS Could potentially be bigger than FF/Dq/MH. and Japan is AC/Youkai Watch/Pokemon currently

Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:
I'm not sure FFXV will sell over 1.5m but I'm pretty sure Splatoon won't so unless FFXV underperforms greatly, which it could, I don't think that's going to happen. FFXV's performance depends a lot on when it comes out (before/after Kingdom Hearts III, FFVII, DQXI, etc.).

I agree about FFXV at 1.5 million, but Splatoon? I mean... of course will. Splatoon will sell nearly 1 million only this year. then, will easy sell other 500k in 2016 / 2017.

Hmm I'm not sure you realize that the Wii U will barely sell above 3m in Japan especially if the NX comes out in 2016. You're expecting an attach rate of over 50%? I don't think that's ever happened for a non-bundled game in Japan. Unless you expect it to be mass-bundled? I think Splatoon will sell just above 1m and will die down from there.

Yeah but I dont know if Ps4 will do that much better in japan. At the moment it does sell like 60k/month. Thats ~750k/Year.

So if FF15 comes out in 1 year, Ps4 will hav less then 2,5 mio sales.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Slarvax said:
I want to say no. FF is a giant franchise, FFXV will be considered one of the best and will sell very well. Like others have said, it's been 6 years since the last main entry, 7 once it releases. The PS4 is also gonna have quite a big userbase by then. It's just logical to say FF will win...

But I also said it's logical for Splatoon to just do decently and not reach 500k in Japan alone.

I'll say FFXV > Splatoon only because PS4 >>>> Wii U. That might be an exaggeration, but that's what I think.

PS4 lifetime sales are going to be close to 6 million. That's not a big userbase. Seriusly guys, forget 10 million or even close to this...

Always find it interesting to point this out when I see PS4 lifetime predictions for Japan: Tachikoma predicted that the PS4 will sell 13 million units in Japan, most of it after Morpheus' launch...considering her position I really don't think we know the whole picture here. ;)

DerNebel said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Slarvax said:
I want to say no. FF is a giant franchise, FFXV will be considered one of the best and will sell very well. Like others have said, it's been 6 years since the last main entry, 7 once it releases. The PS4 is also gonna have quite a big userbase by then. It's just logical to say FF will win...

But I also said it's logical for Splatoon to just do decently and not reach 500k in Japan alone.

I'll say FFXV > Splatoon only because PS4 >>>> Wii U. That might be an exaggeration, but that's what I think.

PS4 lifetime sales are going to be close to 6 million. That's not a big userbase. Seriusly guys, forget 10 million or even close to this...

Always find it interesting to point this out when I see PS4 lifetime predictions for Japan: Tachikoma predicted that the PS4 will sell 13 million units in Japan, most of it after Morpheus' launch...considering her position I really don't think we know the whole picture here. ;)

Good Lucky with that prediction...