By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Splatoon sell more than FFXV in Japan?

Can it happen?

Yeah. 252 32.43%

Maybe. 169 21.75%

Nope. 356 45.82%

Total:777

Nope. The worst selling mainline Final Fantasy since PS1 (XIII), still did 1.8m

Splatoon will have massive legs but Final Fantasy XV will outsell its lifetime to date in week 1 (800k-1.2m most likely), A 500k gap in favour of FInal Fantasy XV is the most likely outcome, as Splatoon current trajectory has it ending close to Mario Kart after 12months on sale ( between 1.1m-1.3m). It'll likely end its life 1.5m especially since next appears to be the Wii U's last. If it arrived at the beginning of a generation I think it'd have a better chance of beating Final Fantasy but still probably no.

Around the Network

Also I don't see the user base mattering much, the differenc betweene FFXII and FFXIII is 400k. The different between userbases was abut 10m.

Looking at that the difference between PS4 and PS3 by time of XV's release will surely be insignificant, so FFXIII's 1.8m figure should be a realistic target for XV. The game seems more appealing I think it will actually do over 2m

Splatoon almost hit the maximum pic sales though, it will never pass the current sales. While FF 15 will have higher sales pic. And also FF 15 is the most awaited FF beside FF7 and probbaly have a higher chance to be perform far better then FF 13.

People think Splatoon will sell than 1 million LT in JP... it will most likely sell 1 million only this year, and if not, really close.

drake_tolu already got it down, so I'm on board.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
DerNebel said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
DerNebel said:

...wut?

Short versione: Splatoon will sell more than Final Fantasy.

Yeah, I got the idea of your post, I'm just "wutting" at the notion of Splatoon selling 1.5 million in Japan as if that was nothing, that's a ridiculously high goal for a console game in todays japanese market.

Wanna bet?

I will leave VGChartz soon, but i can one day just for this. I predict Splatoon will sell over 1.5 million in Japan. ( to be honest, even 2 million are possible, but i want be conservate ).

You predict less, so what is your prediction? 1 million? 1.2 million?

Anyway, i bet will sell more than 1.5 million. Nearly 1 million only in 2015 ( around 900k ). Is Splatoon sell more than 1.5 million i won, if sell less you win.

Nothing condiction, no avatar control or some like this, just a friendly bet. accept?

Good luck with these predictions and your posting style over at GAF.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Good luck with these predictions and your posting style over at GAF.

Good lucky for you.

No.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

FF XV > Splatoon. In its first 12 months.

No way