By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What really is the greatest Mario game ever?

O.k guys. Crunch time!

What do you really think is the greatest Mario game ever. It's actually quite hard when you think about it.

Give a reason with your answer.

For me it's got to be

Super Mario 64.

This was a very hard decision but I chose this one for the following:

Absolutely flawless level design. The first time I realsised what true 3D platforming was. Also the skills needed to find all 120 stars was quite high. Good Challenge.

Mario sunshine and Galaxy are both great games but I chose niether because for me, it comes away from what Mario realy is. Sunshine using the Water squirt, on holiday just isnt realy mario. And Galaxy planets and space? Thats not really what mario is about. Super Mario bros. 3 was a very close one because the was the perfect 2d platforeming game.

O.k over to you guys. Let your memories come flooding back.

Around the Network

Mario Party 9.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

SMG..

that made me a ninty fan again..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
SMG..

SMG is garbage. --- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. No other Mario game beats the greatness that is TTYD.

Fail, Soriku.  

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
SMG..

SMG is garbage. --- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. No other Mario game beats the greatness that is TTYD.

I guess you are too young to remember super mario RPG: the legend of the 7 stars, play it, you will think differently about the 1000 year door

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario 64, I'd have to go with the former, just based on the countless hours spent in my childhood playing it!
Even my mother could sit up an entire night playing that game, and many times the adults would hog the NES so we kids got no playtime at all!

If you mean any Mario game than it would be Mario Tennis followed by Mario Kart 64.

If you mean the platformer than it's Super Mario 64 followed by Super Mario Land.

SMRPG...
the countless hours i spent with that game, the music, the characters...
everything was great, the guys at square are really masters... marry that with mario and you've got dynamite

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

PAPER MARIO FOR THE MOTHER FIN WORLD.

mM

Thats a super hard question. Its either SM3, SMW, SM64 or SMG. Sorry but I just cant decide :S

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend