By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What really is the greatest Mario game ever?

It would be super mario 64 or super mario bros 3 because they are classics and I could go back and play those games for hours.

Around the Network

Mario Tennis - can't beat tennis with mario

Platformer - SMG - enough said

Just look at it...
Ninty+square in all their glory, barely beaten by FFVI, and then that's it snes at it's best

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network

Mario Galaxy was poorly made for a Mario game.

I'd say Super Mario World was the best, but 64 was the greatest.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

It's a close tie between Super Mario World and Super Mario 64.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Mario Galaxy was poorly made for a Mario game.

I'd say Super Mario World was the best, but 64 was the greatest.

Elaborate, please.

Shoot, that's a toughie. Nostalgia makes me want to say Super Mario World. That was one of the biggest defining next gen experiences I've had as a gamer, and I played the hell out of that game. But Mario 64 trumps world as far as defining next gen experience, and was also brilliant, and alot harder than I remember it. I haven't gotten all 120 stars on my VC game of it. Some of them are just damn hard.

Galaxy just hasn't been out long enough to be judged in the scope of history, but it's definately a remarkable experience.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Super Mario games on the SNES where the best , infact I still play em every now and then. SMG was meh....

Infact I think Ima play some super mario bros now lol...