By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What really is the greatest Mario game ever?

SMG was crap compared to World and RPG.

Around the Network

Super Mario RPG

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

For me it's Super Mario RPG, just edging out Super Mario World. SMRPG was one of the best games I've ever played, hands down. Here's hoping Square Enix and Nintendo get together and build the true successor to SMRPG (Paper Mario was fantastic, but I separate these 2 in my head, as separate series/set of games).

Mario RPG squeaks out ahead of SMB3 for me

Galaxy

Around the Network

Now there is a hard call. SMB3 was my absolute favorite when I was a kid; it was easily the most frequent inhabitant of the family's NES. But then I kind of missed the entire SNES generation, and skipped out on Nintendo (save their portables, and largely not for Nintendo games) until the DS and Wii came about. So I never got particularly attached to most of the interim Mario games, being able to play most of them only on emulators. Then SMG came along, and I found myself playing what was basically a transition of SMB3 into 3D. Between those two, SMG impressed me more, though. So... SMG it is.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
SMG..

that made me a ninty fan again..

SMG is garbage. --- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. No other Mario game beats the greatness that is TTYD.

Do you WANT me to kill you??? jk....SMG is the best....I like the different levels and the creativity behind them....

SM64 or SMRPG ... they are too different and close in greatness to make a decision.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Super Mario RPG

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Definitely Super mario Bros 3. Mario 64 is a close 2nd.

What are you looking at, nerd?