By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What really is the greatest Mario game ever?

Definitely Super Mario 64. It was a near-perfect game, blending sprawling open level designs with challenge. It was big, BIG, featured lots of cool modes and extras (Koopa shields, Metal Cap, Wing Cap) and had a lasting appeal very few games have ever matched. On top of that, it hardly ever felt linear, and there was just so much to discover in each level... Ah, the memories...

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

Mario 64. Hands down! this the best day....

Lots of good Mario games, can not think of the one that stands out from the rest.

Griffin said:
SeriousWB said:
How were SMG's controls bad Griffin?

And I think anyone that makes the camera out to be a major gripe is just aching to find something wrong with it.

I beat the game with Mario and Luigi and I think I came to an awkward camera moment once, in which case I just pressed C and it was all sorted..

The fact that Mario never wanted to go where he was told to go, the fact that the camera was never where i wanted it. Now R&C on the PS3 had near perfect controls and a great camera.

What's that got to do with anything?

I drink your milkshake.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Sqrl said:

Riot Of The Blood said:

Mario Galaxy was poorly made for a Mario game.

Nice flamebait. And please spare me the "Its just my opinion!" speech. Your wording (and post history) reveal your motives quite nicely. Just leave the thread if you can't play nice with others

Soriku called it garbage, yet you say nothing...

If it were Sunshine I called poorly made, you and the other wouldn't have said shit about it. Don't call it flamebait just because it's a negative opinion towards the Mario you like. I think Mario Sunshine is the best 3D Mario. However, people express their dislike towards the game all the time. That doesn't mean I can just call their opinions flamebait or call them trolls.

I think Mario Galaxy was poorly made for a Mario game. And guess what? There's nothing you can do about it, because it's my personal feelings towards the game. Just as there's nothing I can about people not likeing Sunshine. 

How can you say that?  Super Mario Galaxy is one of the most highly polished games on the Wii right now.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

SMB 3 best

worst ive played Mario 64...

SMG only played the demo so far but felt more like real mario games vs 64 POS

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Mario games on the SNES. Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island were my favorites. It would be a tough choice between the three.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)