By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What really is the greatest Mario game ever?

SMG. I thought 64 sucked (it was nearly unplayable) and I suck to much at the 2D ones for them to be fun.

Around the Network

"canon" mario would defo be super mario bros for the nes, it was the first console game i remember playing, everything about it was perfect and the music....... timeless.

spin off mario is either mario kart ds or paper mario the thousand year door, i just can't decide between the two.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Mario 64

That's like saying "which one of your kids do you love the most?". Too many good times with each Mario game for me to choose one!!

But if I did, I'd choose Super Mario 3. Forgive me children!!!

I used to think Super Mario Bros. 3 but I really like Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and New Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario game.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
SMB3.

Kuribo's Shoe.
That fortress that you climbed up into the clouds for Sky Land.
Tanooki Suit.
Frog Suit.
Hammer Bros. Suit.
First Mario to have FLIGHT.
P Switches.
Warp whistles.
First Mario to have a map.
Fortresses, Thwomps, Dry Bones, Boos.
The Koopa Kids.
Airships.
Getting attacked by the sun and killing it with a turtle shell.
Giant Land.
Pipe Land.
Card games.
Multiplayer min-games.
Mushroom houses: "Pick a box. Its contents will help you on your way."

And the best level design of any 2-D platformer ever made. Best secrets too.

One of the single most hilarious moments in the game came when I discovered I could do that.

Easy, Hotel Mario:

Freaking hilarious :)

/sarcasm

Now for real, for me Super Mario Brothers is still the best but I loved Super Mario 64 too.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Sqrl said:

Riot Of The Blood said:

Mario Galaxy was poorly made for a Mario game.

Nice flamebait. And please spare me the "Its just my opinion!" speech. Your wording (and post history) reveal your motives quite nicely. Just leave the thread if you can't play nice with others

Soriku called it garbage, yet you say nothing...

If it were Sunshine I called poorly made, you and the other wouldn't have said shit about it. Don't call it flamebait just because it's a negative opinion towards the Mario you like. I think Mario Sunshine is the best 3D Mario. However, people express their dislike towards the game all the time. That doesn't mean I can just call their opinions flamebait or call them trolls.

I think Mario Galaxy was poorly made for a Mario game. And guess what? There's nothing you can do about it, because it's my personal feelings towards the game. Just as there's nothing I can about people not likeing Sunshine. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Personally I think Sunshine and Galaxy were both very good, but Galaxy is better. My only problem with Sunshine is how many times I was forced to look at myself through a wall.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

SM64, though I haven't played SMG yet.

You do not have the right to never be offended.