By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Total Destruction was already possible on PS3/xbox360 without Cloud. Red Faction vs Crackdown 3

Face palm... people are so desperate to bury this game because it's about to prove that the cloud tech may work in the end. Making them look like total fools. If it doesn't then it doesn't that's all if it does then great.

I hope companies continue to experiment new things and go where others don't go and just close their ears to the ridiculous fanboys that want nothing to evolve.

Around the Network
DaveTheMinion13 said:
Battlefield has 10 timed better graphics and can handle a lot of destruction. You let dice make a cartoony game and I Bet they could easily make a 100 percent destructible map.

and?
Everyone could. The Question is, what kind of specs do you need to do it? and is it worth it?

You obviously don't seem to know much about performance if you think that "graphics" is the sole factor of how fast a system can process a game.

Bottom line: A single X1 can't do it. A single PS4 can't either. Their CPUs are far too weak.

pokoko said:
Intrinsic said:

By this time next year when every upcoming game is using this azure tech XB1 will become the definitive multiplatform console.

These discussions are always enjoyable for me.  You always have some people who try to minamize what something like this means, as well as people who try to overstate what it means.  Then, as above, you have people who massively try to overstate what it means.

Hehehehehe.... and there are people that take everything they see on the internet so seriously they can't recognize sarcasm when is staring at them in the face. 

Just went off with the interview with the devs who were agreeing that this tech makes the XB1 the most powerful console ever made.

Jazz2K said:
Face palm... people are so desperate to bury this game because it's about to prove that the cloud tech may work in the end. Making them look like total fools. If it doesn't then it doesn't that's all if it does then great.

I hope companies continue to experiment new things and go where others don't go and just close their ears to the ridiculous fanboys that want nothing to evolve.

This is great tech no doubt. I don't think anyone is denying that. But forgive some of us from not jumping onto the MS and media hype PR train trying to make this much more than what it really is. 

Really wish I could play rf guerrilla again. I loved that game

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
pokoko said:

These discussions are always enjoyable for me.  You always have some people who try to minamize what something like this means, as well as people who try to overstate what it means.  Then, as above, you have people who massively try to overstate what it means.

Hehehehehe.... and there are people that take everything they see on the internet so seriously they can't recognize sarcasm when is staring at them in the face. 

Just went off with the interview with the devs who were agreeing that this tech makes the XB1 the most powerful console ever made.

I can only judge based on a person's past body of work.

That's a fancy way of saying that I have no trouble believing that you would believe that.

pokoko said:
Intrinsic said:

I can only judge based on a person's past body of work.

That's a fancy way of saying that I have no trouble believing that you would believe that.

then all you have accomplished is fancifully saying you make lame excuses. 

and that was just a fancy way of me saying you really must not know me on here and you are probably talking outta your ass if you can some how infer that my post history would lead you to believe that I would believe that MS cloud servers somehow makes them the best thing walking the earth.... lol, or even believe anything MS says flat out. 

it was possible in the N64 days

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Intrinsic said:
Jazz2K said:

This is great tech no doubt. I don't think anyone is denying that. But forgive some of us from not jumping onto the MS and media hype PR train trying to make this much more than what it really is. 

Bolded - Really?!?

There's a difference between not jumping into hype and constantly downplaying... and I don't think most people know what it really is... still over a year to go until the game is out.

MB1025 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

The point is, is that crackdown is done on a larger scale and that could be done on the actual hardware rather than cloud computing. If last gen could do it on this scale, current gen should do the exact same thing but on a larger scale without server farms.

Last gen didn't do it on this scale. Watch the red faction video. Howuch debris disappears into the ground? In red faction you are destroying a very small section. On CD3 you can level an entire city while every piece of debris can then be picked up or walked on. 

It is pathetic at this point watching people in this thread with the fail comedy acts and the off topic rants. 

...Can you just read my comment again? I'm sure it can act as a direct response to your reply.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'