By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Total Destruction was already possible on PS3/xbox360 without Cloud. Red Faction vs Crackdown 3

wow so much damage control on VGC

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
What's funny is destructible environments would look even better this gen, thanks to the better specs. Of course, this way MS can get away with its always online BS from the start of the gen, using "teh power of the cloud" as an excuse to pull it off. And of course, some just lap it up.

This game isn't always online.

Saying there's no difference between Red Faction and Crackdown 3 is like looking at uncharted 4 and saying, "meh, good graphics and big set pieces were done in UC3, there's nothing new here."

Trunkin said:
thismeintiel said:
What's funny is destructible environments would look even better this gen, thanks to the better specs. Of course, this way MS can get away with its always online BS from the start of the gen, using "teh power of the cloud" as an excuse to pull it off. And of course, some just lap it up.

Saying there's no difference between Red Faction and Crackdown 3 is like looking at uncharted 4 and saying, "meh, good graphics and big set pieces were done in UC3, there's nothing new here."

The difference between this and crackdown is that crackdown is open world. Which is an improvement to be excpected from a generational gap in power. Not Generational Gap in power + cloud computing farms.

Same way difference between U3 and U4 is visuals and U4 is far more open. (destruction and animations also + a lot of fine tiny details)

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

pbroy said:

If I lose Internet connection for an always online game on my Xbone, I'll just watch some TV 📺 on my Xbone or play some BC 360 games to clear some backlog. If I lose Internet connection for an always online game on my PS4, I'll just watch some TV on PS Vue or play some BC on PS Now to clear some backlog.

If i want to watch TV - i do watch tv. If i want to game, i game.

I dont know how ps4 has anything to do with this? Ps4 games do work without always on. Almost nobody is using Ps now because its bad either (also always on). Wii U is BC too, PC too. Its not always xbox vs ps.

What people now a days dont understand: You dont have to worship everything you favourite console or smartphone company is doing. You can dislike things. I do own a PS4 and WiiU but both system arnt perfect for sure. I would dislike a "cloudpower" on both these devices too.

People understand that Crackdown 3 is not always online, yes? Jesus, do some research before you immediately go into downplay mode please LOL.

Around the Network

well a couple diff i noticed are

1) there is more things to destroy in c3
2) the destroyed buildings stay in c3
3) theres more then 1 player in c3
4)its not really total destruction in rf since they dont destroy the rocks where in c3 everything can be destoryed

ArchangelMadzz said:
Trunkin said:

The difference between this and crackdown is that crackdown is open world. Which is an improvement to be excpected from a generational gap in power. Not Generational Gap in power + cloud computing farms.

Same way difference between U3 and U4 is visuals and U4 is far more open. (destruction and animations also + a lot of fine tiny details)

U4 has improved scale, openness, physics, animations, and visuals over UC3 on all levels.

Crackdown has improved physics, destruction, and scale by an order of magnitude over RF, not to mention the higher resolution, better lighting etc. Just from the amount of destruction they showed in the 10minute demo(you should check it out of you haven't seen it) I'd argue that it absolutely is more than a generation ahead of RF.

I think the real test of the "power of the cloud" will be when we see what sort of destruction you can pull off in single player. Though, if they thought they could pull off a fully destructible city with just the power of the Xbone, I don't see why they wouldve bothered with the cloud for this game at all.

Bristow9091 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
People understand that Crackdown 3 is not always online, yes? Jesus, do some research before you immediately go into downplay mode please LOL.

I think what they mean, as did I with my comment, is that if this is only available with "the power of the cloud", wouldn't we need to be online in order to access it? Therefore if someone were playing the game without an internet connection, they wouldn't experience the same feature, meaning to have it the whole time, you'd always have to be online... that's the way I see it anyway.

its mulitplayer so just like any multi u need internet

That's not even close to the destruction level of what was shown in the Crackdown 3 video though.

You can't shoot holes through walls in Red Faction with bullets, because all of the objects consist of the same few elements. Obviously the bigger the objects get, the more power is needed for the calculations.

That's like showing a random game that has static shadows, compare it to a game with dynamic shadows and then say "shadows have been done before".

Bristow9091 said:
Azerth said:

its mulitplayer so just like any multi u need internet

... You don't say! I'm not talking about multiplayer, I'm talking about the people that can't access multiplayer, that don't have access to an internet connection on their consoles and will have to play the singleplayer... surely these people will be missing out on this since they don't have access to "the cloud"

tl;dr when I said "if someone were playing the game without an internet connection" I obviously meant limited to singleplayer...

Maybe people that don't have Gold.....

I hate to admit this since I love my Xbox One but when I was having internet problems, I didn't even want to turn the console on!  It may as well be online only because without online, the console is almost a paper weight.