By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Total Destruction was already possible on PS3/xbox360 without Cloud. Red Faction vs Crackdown 3

Maybe the difference is on the scale: open world with huge buildings.

We will see.

Anyways, I said on the previous thread that I would like to see comparisons from new Crackdown to other games with destructible environments.

I think it is way to early to say what Crackdown 3 can and cannot do.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Burek said:

Ssssshhhhh! Stop pissing in their Koolade!

This is not the same because now it's done somewhere in Arizona instead on your console.

It's apparently hard to comprehend for people to see why and how it is different because it was done before or more like "hey, it's the same!" while it's not :)

I said it's not the same. Before you could do it in single player offline, now you cannot, but only in multiplayer online. Sure it's worth a few extra destroyed buildings.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Maybe the difference is on the scale: open world with huge buildings.

We will see.

Anyways, I said on the previous thread that I would like to see comparisons from new Crackdown to other games with destructible environments.

I think it is way to early to say what Crackdown 3 can and cannot do.

Red Faction is open world.

JNK said:
KiigelHeart said:

I will support all of them.

have fun playing your games if the servers doesnt work, your connection doesnt work, the servers get turned off and co. 

People now a days celebrate always on.

Yeah I'll have fun playing if they can indeed create something new, but I believe it when I see it.

On a rare occasion my connection doesn't work I'll do something else instead. Servers down of off, same thing or play something else. Just like with Titanfall and millions of people who bought Destiny. 

Sully_The_Best said:

Red Faction is open world.

I know, I bought the game for five bucks.

I meant the scale of the open world and hte destructible environments, C3 seems to have huge buildings and may have different destructible pieces.

That is why I said in the other thread that I would like to see how the offline differs to the multiplayer with the Cloud and how those compare to previous games with destructible environments. Micro needs to show something way bigger than previous games to see the advantage of the Cloud they talk about.

I bet the scale of destruction will be bigger, we are talking Xbone here compared to X360 and PS3, so the difference between online and offline could be the more sound comparison between Cloud and no Cloud.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Just proves eighth gen offers nothing new.

KiigelHeart said:
JNK said:

have fun playing your games if the servers doesnt work, your connection doesnt work, the servers get turned off and co. 

People now a days celebrate always on.

Yeah I'll have fun playing if they can indeed create something new, but I believe it when I see it.

On a rare occasion my connection doesn't work I'll do something else instead. Servers down of off, same thing or play something else. Just like with Titanfall and millions of people who bought Destiny. 

The difference is, that games like titanfall and destiny are multiplayer games.

But microsoft want to make singleplayer games to have to be always on as well.

Im my connection doesnt work, i will just play singleplayer games if i want to play.

Future on xbox one = if my connecion doesnt work, i cant play at all.

I admit that connection problems are rare now a days. But still it can be a issue. I wont see a big problem if PSN/Xbox live is down for some days (like christmas DDOS attacks). There is more a problem if i got issues "on my side". Sometimes those can continue for several days/weeks.

d21lewis said:

Sadly, even GPGPU is nothing new: http://www.gpucomputing.net/sites/default/files/papers/1098/CEC_2008.pdf

Everything has already been done before...

I actually can't watch the Red faction video. I bought the game years ago from a movie rental place but it didn't work. I actually think I got it for free from xbl gold, too! Just never got around to playing it. Anyway, does it do that "bullét hole" thingy?

walsufnir said:
d21lewis said:

Sadly, even GPGPU is nothing new: http://www.gpucomputing.net/sites/default/files/papers/1098/CEC_2008.pdf

Everything has already been done before...

I remember you initially wishing for a short thread and now you trying to make this into a Xbox One vs PS4 debate? Come on, seriously?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’