By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you rather have Nintendo buy Capcom or ATLUS?

Would you rather have Nintendo buy Capcom or ATLUS?

Capcom 186 69.14%

ATLUS 83 30.86%

Total:269

You say dont start stuff, but its impossible to buy ATLUS without buying SEGA, unless SEGA is willing to sell it, wich would be dumb.
If you want a serious consideration, that has to be taken into account.

So, between SEGA+Atlus and Capcom. I think SEGA+Atlus fits Nintendo better and they seem to have a better relationship with Nintendo atm.
If they wanted to combat their weak points and maybe appeal to the western market more, Capcom would be the way. But, as we have seen in the GC, that only accounts to low sales, so maybe just stick with the strong points if that is all they are going to do.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:
As great as Atlus'games are. They've not really got much that would draw new gamers to Nintendo. And their games are generally best suited to Vita :p

Cap com on the other hand would bring a lot of things to the table that Nintendo themselves currently don't cater for, so IMO Capcom would be the no brainer in this choice. Especially with Nintendo's vigorous standards keeping Capcom's output quality in check.

Why would you want a company to waste their time on such a low install base?

SMT IV and Persona Q sold pretty well given how niche those franchises are (and Persona Q is a spin-off). They should focus on Nintendo's next handheld (unless it fails I guess).

Because I dont have Nintendo's next handheld yet and enjoy their current Vita output :p if Nintendo's ne t handheld is better than the Vita I am happy for them to switch. But my comment was more tongue in cheek than serious reasoning lol.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Well... I'd prefer it if they bought Sega. (They'd have to since they own Atlus, unless for some odd reason Sega was willing to part with Atlus)

Who cares about Crapcom? Atlus all the way!

(Unless they decided to do a Gargoyle's Quest remaster / remake / reboot)

Atlus. If they did this then Persona and all the Atlus fans would have to go Nintendo. This would also have made Nintendo systems the RPG kings. Plus they take risks on games that you normally wouldn't see. I'm kinda surprised that Nintendo let Atlus slip through to Sega.

Around the Network

Capcom of course! They would have access to many amazing franchises such Mega Man, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Dino Crisis and many others!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

capcom but with one twist. I want them to make street fighter a non-exclusive or sell the ip. I don't know why, but it just doesn't feel right on a Nin console in the day in age, and i doubt the nx will change my view of that. Strangely enough i'm ok with resident evil going to Nin. But my good god i would love to see nintendo do something with mega man and okami.
Then again i would love nintendo to do something with their own ip's. Modern takes on classic franchises. Metroid prime was a great example of this back in the day. Taking a chance with an adventure-fps instead of another 2d entry. I want a 3rd person shooter with the star fox crew, new earthbound with stellar graphics, more fantastic metroid games, and gosh damnit a kid icarus game with a zelda sized scope. I'm going to ask for that last one until i'm blue in the face.
Btw, is it just me or would federation force been much more welcoming as a mega man spin off?

AZWification said:

Capcom of course! They would have access to many amazing franchises such Mega Man, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Dino Crisis and many others!

oh man! how did i forget about viewtiful joe!  love that game!  Ooh, and ghouls and ghosts.  Would love a new downloadable g&g!

No reason to buy Atlus, they already have a strong relationship and receive a ton of games from them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Roronaa_chan said:
mountaindewslave said:

seriously? name the last awesome Mega Man, Street Fighter, or Resident Evil? anyone who trusts Capcom at this point with the IPs more than potentitally Nintendo is crazy

All REs and SFs have been good

Don't care about megaman, never did.

Why do you write that you wouldn't trust them with any of those IPs  but then, after mountaindewslave counter argument, change your standpoint to only RE and SF? 'Cause your first standpoint included evey game.
You wrote that you wouldn't trust Nintendo with any of those IPs, thus you include Megaman.
Nintendo could potentially make a good Megaman game, because it fits with the other genres of games they make. Hell, if they can do platform games and metroidvania games then they can surely do a Megaman game. And if they now bought Capcom; Nintendo wouldn't be making the games themselves. I think this is more about you not wanting those games be exclusive for Nintendo platforms, 'cause then you wouldn't be able to play those games on your favorite console (PS4 or Xbone, I don't know). And it's perfectly fine  to think so. But don't go make this a "Nintendo can't make those games, they are too family oriented" 'cause Nintendo wouldn't be making those games. Capcom would.

As for Nintendo buying these companies. I don't think it's good for the business (especially Japan's) if companies started to buy other (big) companies left and right. Companies with a rich gaming tradition and culture need to be independent, 'cause Japan is a small country and it's big game companies aren't that many.  But I have no problem if Nintendo for example licences Megaman and together with Capcom makes a couple of games exclusive for Nintendo platforms.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.