By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you rather have Nintendo buy Capcom or ATLUS?

Would you rather have Nintendo buy Capcom or ATLUS?

Capcom 186 69.14%

ATLUS 83 30.86%

Total:269

Neither.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Atlus rocks, but so many old Capcom titles are begging for reboots/sequels.

Chip N' Dale: RR
Section Z
Bionic Commando
Mega Man series (reboot of the original game could be pretty awesome)
Ducktales

Also, having Street Fighter and Resident Evil be exclusive to Nintendo would be a big boost, even though the internet would have a meltdown.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Stellar_Fungk said:

Why do you write that you wouldn't trust them with any of those IPs  but then, after mountaindewslave counter argument, change your standpoint to only RE and SF? 'Cause your first standpoint included evey game.

No standpoint was changed. This is Nintendo buying Capcom, not Nintendo buying Megaman. It'd affect all of them, those I care about and those I don't.

Nem said:
You say dont start stuff, but its impossible to buy ATLUS without buying SEGA, unless SEGA is willing to sell it, wich would be dumb.
If you want a serious consideration, that has to be taken into account.

So, between SEGA+Atlus and Capcom. I think SEGA+Atlus fits Nintendo better and they seem to have a better relationship with Nintendo atm.
If they wanted to combat their weak points and maybe appeal to the western market more, Capcom would be the way. But, as we have seen in the GC, that only accounts to low sales, so maybe just stick with the strong points if that is all they are going to do.

I KNOW THIS. WE KNOW THIS.

This is off IF they were both for sale independently. This is not based off the actual facts. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Neither. I don't think Nintendo needs to, nor would I want them influencing other companies.

Around the Network

I dont buy nintento consoles, so don't want nintendo buying anything.

fatslob-:O said:

Neither, I want both to remain third party ...

If Nintendo were to get their hands on either of them it would just devalue the two entities ...

100% agreed. Besides, I don't think they're really in a position to acquire big devs like them. I don't mind if Capcom and/or Atlus continues to make games for Nintendo. However, specific Capcom titles and Atlus titles definitely need to stay on other platforms. It wouldn't fit in the Nintendo world.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron