By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Is "Minions" the worst thing to ever happen to cinema?

Not even close the worst movie so far this year by a big studio is either Pixels or Fifty Shades of Grey.

Around the Network

Damn click bait titles...Sigh No it isnt

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Porcupine_I said:
V-r0cK said:
Minions is a fairly fresh creative movie/characters that I welcome new ideas.

Comic book movies and reboots are the worst thing to happen to cinema. Granted I enjoyed a lot of them but seems like its nothing but them now.

Yup, totally new and original

I hate them!!! They destroyed the Rayman series!!!

No, I liked the movie. :|

V-r0cK said:
Porcupine_I said:

Yup, totally new and original

......yea cause everybody knows Minions was taken from Crazy Rabbit and they were the very original random speaking idiot characters ever created.....

...and now you know too. Because i told you.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

i dont see why people hate minions. first, the Despicable Me franchise is far from overplayed. so far we only have 2 movies and a spinoff. the third wont even be out for another 2 years. next, it isnt making a mockery of any other style or movie theme weve already enjoy. Minions exist just to be entertaining

If it's not worse than the super mario bros movie then is not the worst thing ever.

No, but they're merchandising is as annoying as hell. If you hate their design (I think theyre disgusting looking) and live in the US (where the hype/merchandising of these freaks is at its highest) then life is hell XD

The worst thing that happened to movies is crappy superheroes in underwear yearly rehashes, see:
Batman, Spiderman, Superman, etc etc etc somethingman somethingman and othersomethingman.

Just terrible, really, what's even the point of those movies.
And now it's spreading to TV with things like Arrow (though Smallville came first).

Just grow up people, how many crappy Batman and Spiderman movies do you have to watch to get burned out?

spurgeonryan said:
Kids salivate over it! So what's the problem?

Exactly, no one on vgchartz is really the prime audience the character are mainly intented to entertain kids and kids like them or else there wouldn't be as much merchandising for them.