By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. Supreme Court Votes Gay Marriage Constitutional and Legal

I'm not going to fight against 500 people on here because of my beliefs. If you believe in gay marriage, that is your decision. However, I will not betray God or my beliefs even if I'm the last person on Earth that respects our creator. I don't hate gays, or anyone, but I must obey His commands. His words against homosexuality are clear enough.

Around the Network
Retrogamer7 said:
I'm not going to fight against 500 people on here because of my beliefs. If you believe in gay marriage, that is your decision. However, I will not betray God or my beliefs even if I'm the last person on Earth that respects our creator. I don't hate gays, or anyone, but I must obey His commands. His words against homosexuality are clear enough.

I think you'll find he has words against a lot of things that are pretty clear, I would hope you never done anything resembling work on a sunday in your life time or listened to the words of a woman who knew something that you as a man did not.

As for the topic tho, This is pretty awesome news to shake up those states that had made equal rights illegal in them, can only hope in the next generation or two that gay men holding hands on a bus is no stranger than black people sitting down on a bus today compared to 60 years ago.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Normchacho said:
Saw a great comment today.

"It's been a really bad week for the confederate flag waiving homophobe who bought Arkham Knight on PC."

Made me lol, definately a sore week right there :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Retrogamer7 said:

I won't tell you how to live your life; different strokes for different folks. I will tell you however that for the world as a whole, this was a great decision, and the world is not preparing to end. If anything, the world is becoming more accomodating, and thus is preparing to exist for many more years. It is preparing to stop the fighting amongst ourselves so we can focus our efforts on greater things that threaten us as a WHOLE SPECIES, like climate change and disease.

The Church is evolving, and under a great man like Pope Francis who has stated before that if a man is gay then "Who am I to judge", I think it too will evolve. After all, they have accepted evolution.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Retrogamer7 said:

But we live in a country with a constitutionally mandated division of church and state, so why should we ban gay marriage on the grounds of religion? Additionally, you are in no way sinning by living in a country in which homosexual individuals can get married. No one is asking you to become a homosexual, simply to allow them to have the same legal rights as other individuals.

Around the Network

I have no problem with people being gays. The problem is they should not let go marriage. Marriage is an institution made long before there was even a word gay. So people should respect that. If gays want to go "marriage", why they don't create their own institution?

Being gay is not normal, it just a mental disorder like Down syndrome. Nothing bad but still not normal. I think that people have right to be themselves, but that doesn't mean that being gay is normal.

- Moderated, Carl

UrbaaniNaali said:
I have no problem with people being gays. The problem is they should not let go marriage. Marriage is an institution made long before there was even a word gay. So people should respect that. If gays want to go "marriage", why they don't create their own institution?

Being gay is not normal, it just a mental disorder like Down syndrome. Nithing bad but still not normal. I think that people are right to be themselves, but that doesn't mean that being gay is normal.

Retrogamer7 said:

Just so you know I could take your gods words as they are and show you how video games are disrespectful to your beliefs and do not promote christian values. But of course, you like video games , so the line is drawn here.

Retrogamer7 said:

You originally said this was a horrible decision because it's what your religion tells you, what if that's not my religion? Why should I or others have to follow rules of your religion? Isn't that forcing your religion upon us?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

UrbaaniNaali said:

Being gay is not normal, it just a mental disorder like Down syndrome. Nothing bad but still not normal. I think that people have right to be themselves, but that doesn't mean that being gay is normal.

So people with down syndrome shouldn't be allowed marriage?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.