By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. Supreme Court Votes Gay Marriage Constitutional and Legal

UrbaaniNaali said:

I have no problem with people being gays. The problem is they should not let go marriage. Marriage is an institution made long before there was even a word gay. So people should respect that. If gays want to go "marriage", why they don't create their own institution?

Being gay is not normal, it just a mental disorder like Down syndrome. Nothing bad but still not normal. I think that people have right to be themselves, but that doesn't mean that being gay is normal.

It is harmful to an individual when they base their definition of 'normal' on the choices and perspectives of other people.  Therefore it is okay for you to consider being gay as something that isn't normal.  If that is not who you are that it would be wrong to pretend.  Likewise it is harmful to an individual who is gay to consider their preference as 'not normal'.  There is no timeless truth on what is right because it is determined by individual perspectives. Down Syndrome is NOT a funtion of perspective.  It is the result of material causility that persists outside of individual perspective. 

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
generic-user-1 said:

well than your god is realy evil...  god created gay people! so if god demands from you to hate and discriminate gays, thats not nice.

he created human beeing just to be discriminated,hunted, executed, etc depending on where you come from. why are you following such a mad creature?

its like having children only to hit em.

Unwarranted discrimination and unfair treatment especially for things people can't control isn't in Islam so IDK where you got that from, lol.

Hats off to you and the amount of tolerance you've shown in your posts, but please understand that your interpretation of Islam might be different to the 1.6 billion muslims populating the earth. Most what I read on Islam views on homosexuality is frightening to say the least.

Yay! Finally, a right that's protected under the constitution is being enforced.

CosmicSex said:
UrbaaniNaali said:

I have no problem with people being gays. The problem is they should not let go marriage. Marriage is an institution made long before there was even a word gay. So people should respect that. If gays want to go "marriage", why they don't create their own institution?

Being gay is not normal, it just a mental disorder like Down syndrome. Nothing bad but still not normal. I think that people have right to be themselves, but that doesn't mean that being gay is normal.

It is harmful to an individual when they base their definition of 'normal' on the choices and perspectives of other people.  Therefore it is okay for you to consider being gay as something that isn't normal.  If that is not who you are that it would be wrong to pretend.  Likewise it is harmful to an individual who is gay to consider their preference as 'not normal'.  There is no timeless truth on what is right because it is determined by individual perspectives. Down Syndrome is NOT a funtion of perspective.  It is the result of material causility that persists outside of individual perspective. 

I said that being gay is not normal like Down syndrome is not normal. But I did not say that those are same kind of disorders. And there is a definition to normal. You shoukd ask from your doctor, is your eyesight normal, your blood pressure, weight. Same thing doctors can study brains and they've already studied. Gay is not normal.

ps. English is not my native language and I use iPad currently for writing so sorry about my spelling or texting errors. :)

LurkerJ said:
MohammadBadir said:

Unwarranted discrimination and unfair treatment especially for things people can't control isn't in Islam so IDK where you got that from, lol.

Hats off to you and the amount of tolerance you've shown in your posts, but please understand that your interpretation of Islam might be different to the 1.6 billion muslims populating the earth. Most what I read on Islam views on homosexuality is frightening to say the least.

Oh don't worry, a good bunch of those 1.6 Billion don't even do the most basic things in Islam like prayers, let alone understanding Islam peacefully.

Around the Network
UrbaaniNaali said:
CosmicSex said:

I said that being gay is not normal like Down syndrome is not normal. But I did not say that those are same kind of disorders. And there is a definition to normal. You shoukd ask from your doctor, is your eyesight normal, your blood pressure, weight. Same thing doctors can study brains and they've already studied. Gay is not normal.

Please stop. Account made 10 days ago, giving the benifit of the doubt that it's a new account I would sit back and soak up some of what is considered "normal" way of talking about your fellow human beings while on this site.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

UrbaaniNaali said:
CosmicSex said:

Know the difference between supbjective and objective.  There is a difference between something subjectively being 'not normal' and something being objectively 'not normal'.  That is what I said.  Somehing with material causality is much different than somehting that is subjective and open to perspective. 

For example I could make say the following

PS4 is winning the console wars because it has actually sold more hardware. Objective

Xbox One is winning the wonsole wars because it has the best lineup. Subjective

Being Gay is not normal subjective

Down Syndrome is not normal objective.

The opposite of a subjective statment is another subjective statement

The opposite of an objective statment is a fictional one.

Unless a country is a theocracy governed by a religion that clearly prohibits gay marriage, it is only logical that gay marriage be legal. The supreme court had no choice but to legalise it as a constitutional matter, to do otherwise would have meant making religion part of the constitution and therefore breaking the constitutional separation of church and state. Banning gay marriage in states was only ever based on the religious beliefs of the majority of the state legislature, or of the voting public (when banned by refurrendum) and thus these laws were always unconstitutional.

It is good to see the US has not yet become a theocracy, but it may well come to that in time. All you need is 5 people appointed to the supreme court who will vote their conservative religious conscience on matters like this and the mixing of church and state will be achieved. Republican supporters should be careful who they vote for in their presidential primaries and look to the committed secularists among the contenders. Unless of course you want a theocracy in all but name.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

finally!! cause the world has much more important matters than gay people, and yet those don't receive near as much attention...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^