By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. Supreme Court Votes Gay Marriage Constitutional and Legal

As a religious person I don't understand why this was even an issue. Sure my religion is against homosexuality, but that doesn't mean I have to stick my face and beliefs in other people's daily lives.

Something like this would never happen in the middle east though, lol, not even in Israel.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

As a religious person I don't understand why this was even an issue. Sure my religion is against homosexuality, but that doesn't mean I have to stick my face and beliefs in other people's daily lives.

Something like this would never happen in the middle east though, lol, not even in Israel.

The thing is that some branches of Christianity believe that you as a Christian (assumption on my part) are tasked with spreading your God's message.  It is important to remember that religions have different branches within themselves that believe different things.    The most well publisized... the evangelical branches feel compelled to make everyone believe as they do.  From what I have studied, this is common amoung Islam as well to an extent.  

Truly excellent! Another wall torn down! Here's hoping that more issues can be torn down as well!

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Burek said:
StarOcean said:
Well now people from other countries have one less reason to hate us

We don't hate you, we just hold you to much higher standards.

I think Obama will go into history books as one of your greatest presidents, with this and healthcare he has put the US on a great path to the future.

Uh, I don't think healthcare will stand as a positive on his record. This certainly will be considered it, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

JWeinCom said:
Brii said:
Delighted by this news.

Disappointed with the hatefulness that continues to surround it. I can't fathom why anyone would be to upset with two consenting adults wanting to dedicate their lives to each other, in no way impacting anyone else's life in the process. I guess they feel their archaic personal beliefs are more important than the ability to pursue happiness for others. It's all well and good when they get the perks and privileges, though.

It's pretty easy to fathom...

1.  Anal sex is ickie.

2.  People who are different from me are bad.

3.  Butt sex makes baby Jesus cry.

Baby Jesus needs to man up. Over 2000 years old and still living with his dad!

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

well than your god is realy evil...  god created gay people! so if god demands from you to hate and discriminate gays, thats not nice.

he created human beeing just to be discriminated,hunted, executed, etc depending on where you come from. why are you following such a mad creature?

its like having children only to hit em.

CosmicSex said:
MohammadBadir said:

The thing is that some branches of Christianity believe that you as a Christian (assumption on my part) are tasked with spreading your God's message.  It is important to remember that religions have different branches within themselves that believe different things.    The most well publisized... the evangelical branches feel compelled to make everyone believe as they do.  From what I have studied, this is common amoung Islam as well to an extent.  

MOHAMMAD is his name dude lol

generic-user-1 said:
MohammadBadir said:

well than your god is realy evil...  god created gay people! so if god demands from you to hate and discriminate gays, thats not nice.

he created human beeing just to be discriminated,hunted, executed, etc depending on where you come from. why are you following such a mad creature?

its like having children only to hit em.

Unwarranted discrimination and unfair treatment especially for things people can't control isn't in Islam so IDK where you got that from, lol.

outlawauron said:
Uh, I don't think healthcare will stand as a positive on his record. This certainly will be considered it, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Presidents are typically judged by events that aren't of their own accord, so this can just be part of the tradition.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

A lot of religious people and fox news heads just exploded after this.