By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do The Nintendo Higher-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Do The Nintendo Higer-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Yes!! 216 59.67%

No!! 65 17.96%

Reggie is love, Reggie is life!! 35 9.67%

See Results :-) 46 12.71%

Total:362

But what Mr Miyamoto said was absolutely right. You can't tell most modern games from one another. Does telling the truth make you a sore loser?

Reggie on the other hand is just a spin doctor. Nintendo could lose a trillion dollars and he would say "We're disappointed by the results of course, but the future is looking very optimistic now with some strong holiday releases such as Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival and Metroid Prime: Federation Force coming up."

Edit: (And what Reggie said was right, but it's not like Nintendo haven't done that in the past either)

Around the Network

I'm not surprised with what Miyamoto said. I mean, he's been saying that same kind of thing even during the height of the Wii/DS.

Reggie, on the other hand, is in a different spot. For whatever reason, he's being unapologetic for mistakes. But that's not unique to Nintendo. It's just what these executives often do. Similar kind of things happened when PS3 and X1 weren't welcomed by fans. Execs really don't often apologize for mistakes until they are fixed. Or they eventually get fired.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Cream147 said:

But what Mr Miyamoto said was absolutely right. You can't tell most modern games from one another. Does telling the truth make you a sore loser?

Reggie on the other hand is just a spin doctor. Nintendo could lose a trillion dollars and he would say "We're disappointed by the results of course, but the future is looking very optimistic now with some strong holiday releases such as Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival and Metroid Prime: Federation Force coming up."

Edit: (And what Reggie said was right, but it's not like Nintendo haven't done that in the past either)

Your first paragraph is most definitely not the truth. Its just a matter of opinion.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

They sound like people that don't want to admit to any fault of their own, even the Wii U failed because "people didn't understand it"...

Not really. I think they are telling the truth. Whether people like that or not is up to them.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

This is mostly damage control. I think Reggie is a good leader for NoA (better than Iwata anyway), and these comments are ill advised, but he says good things from time to time.

When you see cherry picked statements in sites like this one it can sometimes seem that way but whenever i watch actual interviews in full context these same staements often seem far more balanced and resonable.

So i'd say no.

Sore losers? Perhaps not. But Reggie is sounding like a moron and Miyamoto just seems completely disconnected (pun intended) from the West and the entire gaming industry.
Iwata just keeps saying he's sorry, all three put together don't make for an impressive display right now but I don't blame them with the situation they're in and all the flack they've taken lately.
I never liked Reggie and have been quite vocal about it all the time, but Shigsy and Iwata are still good in my book, Miyamoto simply doesn't seem to know any better but Reggie does and that makes him kind of a tool and he's really underestimating the intelligence of Nintendo fans lately with his statements and attitude.

It would if Nintendo hadn't been pitching the same line about realistic graphics for generations, including generations that they won. Realistic versus stylistic graphics will always be a debate with no winners and opinions are going to vary but given that Shigeru's background is in design, and he had created some of the most iconic characters in gaming, his opinion carries more weight than most on this particular topic.

Reggie is and always has been a spin doctor and I attach little weight to anything he says.

Never said:
When you see cherry picked statements in sites like this one it can sometimes seem that way but whenever i watch actual interviews in full context these same staements often seem far more balanced and resonable.

So i'd say no.

Sadly, not all interviews are recorded.