By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do The Nintendo Higher-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Do The Nintendo Higer-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Yes!! 216 59.67%

No!! 65 17.96%

Reggie is love, Reggie is life!! 35 9.67%

See Results :-) 46 12.71%

Total:362

Just Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata are fine

Around the Network
Cream147 said:

But what Mr Miyamoto said was absolutely right. You can't tell most modern games from one another. Does telling the truth make you a sore loser?

Reggie on the other hand is just a spin doctor. Nintendo could lose a trillion dollars and he would say "We're disappointed by the results of course, but the future is looking very optimistic now with some strong holiday releases such as Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival and Metroid Prime: Federation Force coming up."

Edit: (And what Reggie said was right, but it's not like Nintendo haven't done that in the past either)

@bolded: This tells me you don't play modern games

OT: Yes they have been sounding like sore losers. They haven't addressed any of the complaints people have had. Example, Miyamoto won't acknowledge that the graphics in star fox are awful, he will just say that they are better than the competition because it is "different"

KLAMarine said:
Mr.Playstation said:

In my opinion quotes like this:

"We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it vs. what other companies do which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years." -Reggie 2015

and this

Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the team decided to focus on the gameplay and a purposeful visual style. Miyamoto feels that, these days, the realistic look of games causes them to “all look the same”.-Shigeru Miyamoto 2015

sure make them seem as if they're not happy at how their console is currently doing and want to downplay their competitors as much as possible.

No because neither of these quotes make any reference to sales.

Sales have nothing to do with it, it is more that people are happier with the future plans of other companies. The wii u could be beasting in sales, but that wouldn't change how Nintendo lost E3 with atrocious announcements

The wrong parts of their statements are sensationalized for headlines. The media twists their words to make it sound like they're being more antagonistic than they actually are.

Staying chilly is exactly why I've always loved Nintendo and been a little annoyed with Microsoft and Sony in this regard. Big execs from both of the latter companies have come out and straight up insulted Nintendo and its customers countless times, which is really unprofessional to me. Nintendo's never been quite that bad, but Reggie's slipping into some nasty territory.

Around the Network

Not necessarily. It's just that the western side of Ninty is incompetent in communicating with the public, and Miyamoto is like a Willy Wonka who gets a culture shock each time he peeks out of his chocolate factory.

.- -... -.-. -..

No, they sound like lying idiots.

I don't think so. I don't think he would be wrong with his quote. I think that is some good calling there for a few people/ games.... x )

Also, why would Miyamoto be upset? I think he's just giving his opinion on the industry as he has seen it throughout the years, and there has been some truth to that.

Doesn't sound like sore losers to me. : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It does sort of sound salty, but its not like they're wrong.

I'd be very disappointed if they said otherwise.