By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do The Nintendo Higher-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Do The Nintendo Higer-Ups Sound Like Sore Losers To You ?

Yes!! 216 59.67%

No!! 65 17.96%

Reggie is love, Reggie is life!! 35 9.67%

See Results :-) 46 12.71%

Total:362

They've been making fools of themselves lately. A touch of humility and a little candor would go a long way. The superior and condescending attitudes they've had on display lately just make them seem petty.

I love you, Nintendo. Start treating your fans and fellow developers with a little respect.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

They're acting like children, there's been a lot of post E3 comments trashing VR and how other developers want to have their vision come through in their art style, announcing of games (Cough Zelda U will be 4 years after announcement if it comes holiday 2016).

It's just getting embarrassing, you guys released a year early and Sony have more than Doubled you guys and Microsoft completely derped their launch and made quick work of overtaking them.

Just make great games, make your hardware, and enjoy yourselves that's what you're here to do, because you guys really don't have a huge leg to stand on.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Guess Reggie wasn't served enough humble pie at the World Championships.

Mr.Playstation said:

In my opinion quotes like this:

"We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it vs. what other companies do which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years." -Reggie 2015

and this

Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the team decided to focus on the gameplay and a purposeful visual style. Miyamoto feels that, these days, the realistic look of games causes them to “all look the same”.-Shigeru Miyamoto 2015

sure make them seem as if they're not happy at how their console is currently doing and want to downplay their competitors as much as possible.

Actually both those sentences are pretty much true.

If they wanted to make realistic they'd do it.

If they wanted to announce games 5 or 6 years in advance they'd do it.

And they don't have reason to be sore losers, whether people think having 3rd parties is the end game, it isn't! Specifically for peoplo like them the end game is making money and Nintendo made more money than XBox's and Sony's gaming divisions put together.

Seem like it. Or they are really dumb.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I agree with Miyamoto, but I don't agree with Reggie. At least, I can't find some examples of that.

midrange said:
KLAMarine said:
Mr.Playstation said:

In my opinion quotes like this:

"We also know that the best way to launch a game like that is to surprise and delight them, to give them a launch date, in an environment like this let them play it vs. what other companies do which is to announce a project that you may not see for five, six years." -Reggie 2015

and this

Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the team decided to focus on the gameplay and a purposeful visual style. Miyamoto feels that, these days, the realistic look of games causes them to “all look the same”.-Shigeru Miyamoto 2015

sure make them seem as if they're not happy at how their console is currently doing and want to downplay their competitors as much as possible.

No because neither of these quotes make any reference to sales.

Sales have nothing to do with it, it is more that people are happier with the future plans of other companies. The wii u could be beasting in sales, but that wouldn't change how Nintendo lost E3 with atrocious announcements

The link provided (https://fortune.com/2015/06/23/shigeru-miyamoto-wii-u/) certainly does make reference to sales though.

RolStoppable said:
Reggie has been arrogant for years. What's with greenlighting slogans like "This is how U play next!" and the legendary "What's wrong with you?" in a Nintendo Direct. There isn't really anything positive that can be attributed to Reggie in recent times. Once upon a time he was fresh blood for Nintendo, but those times are long gone.

Miyamoto is obviously still in denial about the 3DS and Wii U failures because both systems were what he really wanted to do. I get the sense that he has mellowed down a little lately, but it's still going to take a while before he is back in reality.

Wasn´t he also in denial about the reasons the GC didn´t sell well?...it seems that what he really wants is often at odds with what´s best for the financial health of the company.

Why not have both cartoonish artstyle and realistic one (and something in between)?

no they aren't sore losers they just genuinely believe their strategy is the right one without realising it isn't. that is the scary part.